I just put my Storm in its cradle to charge after doing a .132 (WOW it runs so much better!!!) upgrade and messing around for a while and it finally dawned on me...
    I'm addicted to my BlackBerry.

My previous phone for 3years was a XV6700, which my life with smartphones started with. I didn't have a data plan because I was too cheap to pay for it since it wasn't a necessity. I did love having the smartphone capabilities, the touch screen, qwerty keyboard and I used apps requiring data at home over wifi.

Last November my NE2 came around which was pretty much the time the Storm got released.
    I was looking for another smartphone, this time I was going for the data plan.
    What I was looking for was a touch screen phone with multimedia capabilities and good amount of storage space... and I hate iTunes.

The Storm fit the bill. I did my research and learned that the OS was very lacking during the initial launch and decided to hold out until an update.
    After .75 came out, I couldn't hold out any longer. I headed over to the Verizon store one afternoon and picked up my Storm.

Came in the box loaded with .75 made in Canada.

I'm pretty computer savy, so my first question was, "What can I do to make my Storm run better?"
    I came on to crackberry.com and started doing some research. Learning what you guys were doing with the OSs and now it all worked.

My first attempt at anything was using CrackMem to delete some unnecessary files. Got through that easily and enjoyed my Storm for a while.

Just a few hours ago, in the midst of my insomnia, I decided to take the plunge and install a leaked OS.
    Not only am going to install a leaked OS, I took it to the next step and decided to do a wipe using JLCommander use the slimmed down version by OneOfaKindDPC + default fonts + Korean font support (files which I hunted down myself and crossed my fingers that I was doing the right thing).

Everything went very smoothly. It couldn't been done without this great community of CrackBerry addicts.

Now my Storm sits, recharging her battery, and I can't help but feel a little sad because I'll be leaving for Korea tonight and paying international rates is out of the question. It'll be a sad moment when I'm sitting in the plane and they ask us to turn out cellphones off...
    04-23-09 04:15 AM
    I know exactly what you mean by not wanting to pay international rates, I am sitting in S. Korea at the moment with family and friends back home in the states. But on the bright side there is always BBM and emails to have fun with.
    04-23-09 04:25 AM
    You could call vzw, get the phone unlocked, and then buy a cheap prepaid SIM to insert and at least be able to make calls. Maybe you can even find one with data! On of the great things about the storm is its world abilities. You are NOT locked in to verizon's global roaming rates. Or you could just leave the phone off and enjoy your trip too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 04:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD