I just got a used blackberry storm 9530 and unlocked it so I could use it on my Tmobile provider. I am trying to sync my contacts to the phone and am having a lot of trouble. I am using a Macbook which doesn't help. I have desktop manager and my contact list is currently on a bunch of different things.

For example it is on my Mac Address Book, google mail, and yahoo contacts. I need to figure out how to sync one of these with the storm. I do not have internet on the storm so that is not an option. I do have the USB cord though so if anyone has any suggestions on what would be my best bet I would really really appreciate it! Thanks!
    10-12-09 08:25 PM
    Try creating a new list in your Address Book and call it Blackberry or something, then drag the contacts you want on the Storm into that list.

Then with DM for Mac, choose to sync ONLY that contact list.

Google won't help, as you need to be connected to the 'net to utilize it.
    10-12-09 08:48 PM
    Okay I will give that a shot and let you know how it goes. Thanks
    10-12-09 09:06 PM
    Wow that worked... and was too easy! Thanks a lot!!!
    10-12-09 09:11 PM
    Glad it worked! Enjoy your Storm, and for heavens' sakes, get a data/browsing plan!
    10-12-09 09:24 PM
    I actually would rather just trade it for an Iphone 3G to be honest... if anyone is interested email me at tylamro@ gmail.com lol
    10-12-09 09:26 PM
    Hang with the Storm for a bit. I've got both, and MUCH prefer the Storm to my UNLOCKED, Jailbroken 3G

Even with the workaround with syncing and stuff, the BB is far more robust, from what I can tell with my usage (although surfing on the iPhone is better).

If you get a data plan for the BB, you can always use that SIM with an iPhone, but not Vice-Versa. Without data, the Storm is crippled, and you can't really experience the full potential of it.

C'mon, give it a fair shake!
    And yeah, I drink the Apple Koolade. Hardcore. I don't want a GS, I want a Storm2. Seriously.
    Last edited by skwij; 10-12-09 at 09:39 PM.
    10-12-09 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD