-.-.. for tha past few hours this phone has been ****'n me off... i have a 9530 which has been working perfectly for about a month until now... new battery, and tha phone is also pretty new... i left my wall charger of my aunts house so i bought a usb charger/data cable yesterday cuz i was in need of one anyway... thats when i notice how much this phone really fAiLs...

first off earlier last night before i went to sleep tha usb charger was acting pretty strange... sometimes it charged (or appeared to be charge'n tha phone and at other times it didnt)... mind u before buying my usb cord tha phone was completely dead (wouldnt turn on.. red led light came on then phone dies from lack of charge) and before i went to bed last night it was on and had about a 10% charge so that cord was charge'n tha phone in some kinda way... now before last night i made sure tha phone was charge'n (or again atleast it appeared to be charge'n)... the green light was flashing signaling tha phone was being charged, phone was in stand-by mode and not turned completely on (so i wouldnt see a reason for it to die overnight)

This morning i wake to see my phone with no green flashing led light (it was still plugged to usb cord)... tried to start it up from stand-by w/ no response... unplugged from usb still no response... pulled battery and reinstalled no response... replugged usb to see if somehow tha phone lost juice overnight and still no response... no white screen w/ charge'n icon... no clock... no red lights (like when tha phone has no juice and u turn it on and it dies from low battery).............WTF!

im not understanding whats tha problem, why tha **** is tha phone have'n so many problems.. why tf or excuse me, HOW TF! did this phone manage to make it to store shelves... this isnt tha first problem i seen with this phone (i seen lots of posts with weird storm issues)... yes, srry i did just wake and im super pissed... can i get some answers someone??

[edit] thank u in advance D:<
    Last edited by cee.jay; 08-08-09 at 05:37 AM.
    08-08-09 05:34 AM
    If your battery is completely dead it is not good to charge it via usb. You should charge it with the home charger instead.
    08-08-09 05:44 AM
    buy authentic accessories! ps the phone works perfectly fine, in most cases the user does know how to use the phone.
    Last edited by sterling_bandit; 08-08-09 at 05:55 AM.
    08-08-09 05:53 AM
    I'm not reading that. Waaayyyy too many grammar problems. People, just because you're on an internet forum doesn't mean English ends.

With that said, most of the Storm's problems are mostly solved. Sounds like a loose nut behind the steering wheel, so to speak =)
    08-08-09 05:56 AM
    I'm not reading that. Waaayyyy too many grammar problems. People, just because you're on an internet forum doesn't mean English ends.

With that said, most of the Storm's problems are mostly solved. Sounds like a loose nut behind the steering wheel, so to speak =)
    hold up.. chill and calm down... im not some !diot that cant type... so get that straight... im new to tha blackberry world first off, i always use to charge my phone via usb before the storm (new to smartphones) so no i didnt know tha phone didnt charge via usb when dead... again it seemed to be doing so before i slept so before u get all high and mighty and mr. smart guy think about my position... the insults or w/e that was extra u felt u had tha need to say... save it for yaself... they didnt in anyway "help" me understand any more or less... just showed me what an a$$~hole u were... thanx for tha "help" though

P.S.:
    [edited] for better grammar?... multiple periods bother you? or is it no caps at the start of my sentences? deal with it or just dont reply... no one begged u to do so
    want to get technical? "Waaayyyy.." is not in the english dictionary
    Last edited by cee.jay; 08-08-09 at 06:45 AM.
    08-08-09 06:05 AM
    If your battery is completely dead it is not good to charge it via usb. You should charge it with the home charger instead.
    thank you... greatly appreciated
    though im still not understanding how it got a charge via usb in the first place... but cool atleast i know or have some hope that the phone isnt totally useless now
    08-08-09 06:13 AM
    buy authentic accessories! ps the phone works perfectly fine, in most cases the user does know how to use the phone.
    usb cable was some cheap peice of crap i do plan to take back today(never get an accessory that has a "brand" name of said accessory, lol)... guess i should have went to the verizon store and stood in that long line instead of being lazy

and yea i am a newbie to BBerry's so do forgive me?... guess i was ticked because i was scared my phone burnt out on me somehow... cuz it does act a bit strange when charging using the wall charger when dead too... and its been dead for like 2 weeks now
    08-08-09 06:25 AM
    I had the same problem last week. I was I a bind so I used my wifes generic car charger that she uses on her env touch. It showed that it was charging but was actually losing juice. I went home and used my OEM charger and I have not had any problems since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 06:45 AM
    oh ok. then i guess it's my generic charger who is to blame . good to know... i guess it's the fact that my 9530 appeared to be charging, which confused me when i woke to found it dead

thanks, and thank you to the others who actually helped
    [note: i realize i probably should have multi-quoted instead of separate replies]
    08-08-09 06:53 AM
    As has been said, trying to charge a device that's totally dead off the USB lead is prone to issues. The amount of power sent to the device via your USB lead is usually too low to get enough charge in the battery quick enough, which results in a restart cycle.

[Charging... < Device detects enough built up charge to start up < Attempts to start up < Begins to start up < USB charger fails to provide enough power to sustain the device in a powered-on status < Battery drains < Device dies. This process will usually loop an infinite amount of times.]

It's always a good idea to buy brand name chargers and batteries, Some companies like Seido seem to make good quality product [Disclaimer: Never used them.] but it's always a smart idea to get brand name over no-name generic.

The reason your Storm may have died during the night was, for example, it pulled a load of messages off the server, or you received a few phone calls, which as I explained above, drained the battery quicker then the USB lead could replenish.
    08-08-09 07:46 AM
    hold up.. chill and calm down... im not some !diot that cant type... so get that straight... im new to tha blackberry world first off, i always use to charge my phone via usb before the storm (new to smartphones) so no i didnt know tha phone didnt charge via usb when dead... again it seemed to be doing so before i slept so before u get all high and mighty and mr. smart guy think about my position... the insults or w/e that was extra u felt u had tha need to say... save it for yaself... they didnt in anyway "help" me understand any more or less... just showed me what an a$$~hole u were... thanx for tha "help" though

P.S.:
    [edited] for better grammar?... multiple periods bother you? or is it no caps at the start of my sentences? deal with it or just dont reply... no one begged u to do so

Actually, writing the way you speak is not grammatically correct. it can be hard to read, especially when every other work has to edited by the system. Enjoy.
    08-08-09 03:13 PM
    BRAVO. Thank you for writing what I've been saying all along. My skin crawls just thinking about the abuse of the English language nowadays, and it's all due to the Internet and text messaging and... well, don't get me started.
    08-08-09 04:25 PM

P.S.:
    I don't ordinarily join in a let's slam the OP for bad grammar but I'd put a question mark on the one statement after the PS too. I mean the is the not tha.

I fully expect this post to be deleted.
    08-08-09 04:37 PM
    I don't ordinarily join in a let's slam the OP for bad grammar but I'd put a question mark on the one statement after the PS too. I mean the is the not tha.

I fully expect this post to be deleted.
    nope i'm cool. and to make you guys a bit happy, no more multiple periods and at this moment, i have no bad feelings towards anyone here. and to your comment >>"i mean the is not the not tha."<<. i totally have no idea what you were trying to say there, my apologies. as for the other guys that want to jump in on the grammar conversation, sorry ahead of time. yes, sorry i'm not a English major and care nothing about my grammar when i'm outside of school or any other professional environment(it obviously shows). once again, my apologies. i write loads of poetry, so i type the way i do as a form of personal expression. as someone said before, it could be blamed on internet and texting/IM. the younger generation does seem to be a little lazy when it comes to writing, but i do have a few points to make. one being, if u can't read it(or as it seems to me, you can't "bare" to read it), simply don't reply. i don't see why i'm getting bashed by a bunch of people who are suppose to be "helping" me. i mean i did post this thread under blackberry device help, did i not? i don't see where my "lack of grammar" has anything to do with my blackberry storm device are we not, if anything, a little off subject here. i could see if i was just way out of hand. i do see loads of abuse on the english language and yes depending on how much abuse it is, i may feel the need to tell that person about himself. but if you ask me, my first post was readable. wasn't as if i was abbreviating every other word. also, though the people who jumped on cdaiscool's bandwagon claimed they couldn't read my post, it would see they could since some of you contributed your extra two cents in on my question. longer story shorter, get over yourselves. enough said on that note.

to the rest of the people who actually are here to discuss Blackberry issues and solutions, it turns out the blackberry was defective to begin with. even with a new battery the phone couldn't hold a charge and/or the device port was damaged. i went to the verizon store today and had it replaced. thank you everyone for your help, greatly appreciated. now i know the "Do's and Dont's"

[note: BTW i can see where my lack of capital letters could make my post hard to read, wont happen in the future. But then again that's the reason i use multiple periods in my punctuation. ]
    Last edited by cee.jay; 08-08-09 at 10:19 PM.
    08-08-09 09:57 PM
    Well the thing that frustrates me is how people are so quick to jump on the "storm is a piece of shi* phone" bandwagon. Storm is an amazing phone, just have to know what you are doing. Learn to ask questions, don't just start ranting. Otherwise, post in the rants section of the site :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 03:14 AM
    P.S.:
    Even more technical? Waaayyyy is a spelling error not grammar.
    08-09-09 05:33 AM
    the grammar police is in full force. get the f##k over it
    08-09-09 09:53 AM
    So many ID10T errors.
    08-09-09 10:16 AM
    Lol, wtf. Why are people still posting here?
    to riot1002: When was i "under" it?
    to redneckgenius: Never said it was a grammar error, "genius". Hence the "..not in the English dictionary". Was just being technical out of spite. So you can get off his d!ck and get lost in Bermuda.
    to anyone else: The guy can "obviously" defend himself. Problem solved. Differences explained. Misunderstanding between him and i, not everyone else. My grammar errors and spelling are, for the most part, on purpose. But i guess, in some way, i can respect that it disturbs some people. Which is why I'm correcting myself.
    to boy_blunder1: Never said the phone was a piece of anything. Believe me if i really thought that i wouldn't even care to complain about it. I'm just not that type of person. Honestly, i really love this phone. I just happened to have had a defective phone, without any updates and it didn't exactly give me the best first impression. But after replacing it, sticking with it a few days, and educating myself on all it's features, I think I'm swept off my feet as far as smartphones. I guess we all should try things out for ourselves instead of buying in to others opinions, and i admit I wrongly started to do just that. BTW, I'm confused as to why many don't seem to like the Suretouch feature. It's very unique and, to me, it seems to be the perfect way to make up for not having a physical keyboard. But, maybe that discussion is for another time and place. Anyway, off to have some fun with my BB storm.
    Last edited by cee.jay; 08-10-09 at 02:07 AM.
    08-10-09 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD