Hi Peoples,

Ordered my Storm on Wednesday and it was delivered to my house yesterday (sadly I wasn't there to collect it, so it's sitting at the post office waiting for me)

MY current device is an HTC Touch Pro, which I do like but has a few annoyances that has made me consider the Storm

What I love about the HTC

Easily customizable, hundreds of themes available
    Windows OS means there are thousands of available apps
    Push email is fantastic and email arrives on my phone before it appears in my outlook inbox when I'm sitting at my pc with vitually no set up involved and no licenses to buy.

What I hate
    Clunky windows interface
    The ability for the phone to hang on to a signal is pathetic, to such a state that it is unusable in my own house (T-Mobile) and almost as bad everywhere else.

So, thought I'd give the Storm a go...but as a newb to BB, all I seem to read is bad stuff about the storm. Am I going to be disappointed?

Is there a wide range of apps? is the push email as simple as in windows? is the OS worse than windows mobile? IS it possible to customise the phone to personalise it? (things like today screen settings, etc)

thanks for putting my mind to rest
    12-19-08 02:13 AM
    I was a BlackBerry virgin before I got my Storm. I must say this thing is amazing in regards of what it can do. Sure it has some bugs right now, but I believe it will be awesome after a few more software updates. My biggest gripe is the battery. I have to charge every night. On the other hand I guess that is to be expected with a phone that can do almost everything.

The good thing is you have 30 days to try it out. If it's not for you, simply return it and go a different route. I don't know if I could ever own anything but a BlackBerry now. Hope this helped.
    12-19-08 02:24 AM
    well, in the UK vodafone have given me 14 days to try it out, so I guess that after a week or so I'll know whether I like it or not. hmmm..even my htc can last almost 2 days...and that has a battery smaller than the Storm...not a good sign.
    12-19-08 02:36 AM
    I'm new to bb too and I love my storm.
    First one I got had a screen click problem but vodafone swapped it right away and I couldn't be happier now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 02:46 AM
    The Storm is my first Blackberry and I also would not go back to any other phone. It has a few niggles, but these will be improved with software updates and I'm certain that you'll grom to love this phone that truly is "Smart!"
    12-19-08 05:00 AM
    I came from a xv6800 to a storm and love the storm a lot more, but its all about personal preference, I would suggest you playing with a store model but be mindful that the store model get played with daily and probably never rebooted, there for available memory may be low so results may very.
    12-19-08 05:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD