Recently I had noticed that my FULL battery would die during a short 10-15 minute phone call and that I would have to charge it 2-3 times per day just to keep it on. It was getting warm and I noticed a slight swelling, so I decided to purchase a new battery.

NOW, this new battery is still not lasting through an entire phone call. What would be causing this? I don't have anything running in the background and the phone has been reset/ battery pulled several times.

Would there be something in the phone that is causing this?

Any ideas would be great, and thank you in advance!
    05-19-10 06:27 AM
    I had an old Sanyo phone that would last all day, but as soon as a phone call was made, the battery would get hot and die within 10 minutes. It's possible that the phone has a fault in it, especially if a certain task (making a call, or turning BT on) kills it much faster than normal.
    05-19-10 07:09 AM
    I have a storm as does one of my friends and we both have the same problem that you do. His battery also started swelling so he got a new one and still has the same problem, as soon as he makes a phone call the battery jsut drains. I have two batteries and the same thing happens, I am charging the phone 2 or 3 times a day regardless of which battery I use, so it has nothing to do with the battery.

I have read that some people say it is based on the operating system that you are using. The problem with that is that I am using a .419 based hybrid and my friend is using the verizon official .328. That being the case, I cant see the OS being the problem. This makes me think is must be a problem with the phone.

Sorry I dont know what the problem is, just thought i would share any information i had.
    05-19-10 07:25 AM
    Kanser...

I agree that it is not the OS because this is something that has just started happening and I have had the official .328 since it came out.

I believe I may have to stop by the VZW store and get it fixed/replaced.
    05-19-10 07:31 AM
    Good Luck!

I would assume that the only fix is a replacement. I guess I have been lucky. I have only had to replace my phone once and that was because my screen stopped working, i couldnt see anything but could still receive phone calls. Since then, the whole battery draining thing is the only other problem I've run into.

Hopefully they dont give you any problems
    05-19-10 07:44 AM
    Kanser,

Thank you! Usually it is my wife who has issues with her phone and has to get it replaced...she doesn't have much luck with electronics. This will be the first time for me, but I don't anticipate any problems with replacing it since I pay the insurance on it. I just don't like having to go through backing it up and saving all the things on it...kind of a pain and I would be afraid I forgot to take something off of it. lol
    05-19-10 07:48 AM
    Just a heads up. You might wanna call up before you go down there, Im pretty sure they dont keep storm 1 replacements in the store anymore. Even if they do they'll probably tell you they don't. You might have to call verizon and make a claim that way. Just trying to save you a trip to the store.
    05-19-10 07:55 AM
    That makes sense...I may just do that!

Thank you!
    05-19-10 07:57 AM
    you shouldn't have to file a claim unless you caused this (got it wet? dropped it?)

if the battery life is just sucking it up, that's more of a manufacturing defect.
    05-19-10 09:03 AM
    If you have less than a year on your phone, get them to warranty it instead of going through the insurance process. And the larger stores do stock the S1, I just went through this less than a month ago and they gave me a refurb in great shape.
    05-19-10 01:12 PM
    your phone sucks burn it
    05-19-10 01:14 PM
    If you have less than a year on your phone, get them to warranty it instead of going through the insurance process. And the larger stores do stock the S1, I just went through this less than a month ago and they gave me a refurb in great shape.
    if you have the extended warranty (usually bundled with insurance) you can get a free replacement as well, as it extends the warranty for another year.
    05-19-10 01:48 PM
    No extended warranty, just the monthly insurance on it, so I think a refurb shouldn't be a problem. They already did it for my wife's phone.
    05-19-10 02:03 PM
    I have been having the same problem with my phone. I even tried to wipe the OS and reload it but sitll no luck.

Did you ever find a solution to this? or did replacing your phone solve the problem.

I am running the official OS .328.
    09-20-10 01:19 PM
    Wow.... No one mentioned the first step in figuring out battery issues.

WIPE IT
    back it up, BBSAK wipe it to error 507.
    Reload latest carrier OS restore via DM.

Check battery life with NO apps for a day or two , slowly add apps back at a few at a time to see which could be trouble.

Always try wiping the device, and if the battery is still draining abnormally fast, at least you have a back up of you data

EDIT: bah! Epyon you posted the wipe while I was typing the above. Still leaving this here though!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 01:25 PM
    Has anyone discovered a fix for this issue, what causes it or how they resolved it?

This issue has just recently started occurring as well on my original Storm, OS .328, which I would rather not replace by insurance since it has worked well for me with no other major issue since purchase. Battery will last only for 15 minutes for phone calls only. Already replaced battery once with a new OEM. TIA.
    Last edited by wentouch; 10-02-10 at 07:18 PM.
    10-02-10 05:44 PM
    Welp. Farewell OG Storm. It's been good to me for the past two years with no problems and I've grown rather attached to it, but, in addition to the recent ridiculously short talk time issues of less than 15 minutes, it also began to reboot frequently during talk time. Poor Storm.

Attempted to fix it, purchased a new battery and went to the store for assistance after coming here, to no avail, so VZ is sending me a Storm 2 under insurance. I rather liked the design of the OG Storm but am happy to have the extra memory. Hope the S2 will be as good for me as the S1.
    10-29-10 07:42 PM
    Unhappy
    I'm having the same problem. Battery life is fine until I use my BB smart phone as a phone! Started a week or so ago. I deleted everything I wasn't using. There are no extra applications running in the background. This only happens when I'm talking on the phone. You can see the battery life slipping away. It doesn't make sense that using the phone as a phone is running the battery down that quickly all of a sudden. What happened and how do I fix this???

Oh, and I'm using the new DM Version 6.0.0.43 (Bundle 47) because I just started using a new laptop. There is no advanced Backup and Restore. I can't get do a lot of things I could before. I am really hating this. I can handle going through a few battery pulls and such, but having to wipe the OS and re-add apps? That's really asking too much. (BTW, I have at least three bars, so it's not a problem with reception. I've had that problem before and it's not the same as this.)
    11-13-10 11:33 PM
    Welp. Farewell OG Storm. It's been good to me for the past two years with no problems and I've grown rather attached to it, but, in addition to the recent ridiculously short talk time issues of less than 15 minutes, it also began to reboot frequently during talk time. Poor Storm.

Attempted to fix it, purchased a new battery and went to the store for assistance after coming here, to no avail, so VZ is sending me a Storm 2 under insurance. I rather liked the design of the OG Storm but am happy to have the extra memory. Hope the S2 will be as good for me as the S1.
    I'm having the same problems too. Was hoping for a new Storm to be out there by now but noooooooooo, so I'll be switching to a new phone since my contract is up and I'm up for NE2. Goodbye Blackberry, VZW has no other BB that I like. Android here I come.
    11-15-10 04:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD