So today I upgraded from a Motorola Q to a Storm 9530 and so far love the thing, but it's only been about 5 hours. One issue that's come up that I'm not in love with is this and maybe someone can help me with it.

On the Motorola Q when I was using the SMS texting(and on the Storm too) the single texts are capped at 160 characters. However, on the Q when I typed more the allowed characters for one text it just let me continue typing, but showed that I was going to send more than one text. So at the bottom it would show something like 240/320 (2 messages) or 435/480 (3 messages) etc.. But on the Storm if I get up to the 160 character limit that's it..the software won't let me type more characters no matter what. I have to send that message and then start a whole new message. Is there a way I can get it to let me continue the message like the Q did and just send the messages broken up in more than one?

Thanks.

EDIT: to reflect the SMS messages, not MMS.
    Last edited by psychmeds06; 03-22-09 at 07:25 PM.
    03-22-09 07:11 PM
    SMS caps at 160 characters. Most blackberry devices will not allow any more than this.
    MMS caps at 1000 characters. Again most blackberry devices will not allow more than this.
    Email has no character limit.
    The storm falls into the most category.
    03-22-09 07:17 PM
    Ok...I was mistaken...I was talking about SMS texting and the 160 characters, not the MMS. I agree that it's capped at 160 characters, but my Motoralo Q allowed to keep typing and just sent more than one message instead of having me have to stop typing, send the message and start a whole new one. Do you know what I mean? So I didn't have to stop a message in mid-sentence on the Q when I reached the character limit, it just let me continue typing and if the character limit was exceeded it sent more than 1 SMS message.
    03-22-09 07:24 PM
    Yes. Your storm won't do that as far as I know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 07:46 PM
    This is one of the most annoying flaws of the phone, and it was the first thing i asked about when i bought it. It really makes no sense at all why the software cannot just let you keep typing, i mean how hard would it be. My only complaint with the phone...
    03-22-09 08:33 PM
    Maybe they will give us this feature back one day. You can do it on all other Verizon phones that I have ever used before the black berry.
    03-22-09 09:05 PM
    Hopefully the new OS will address this if it even comes out. But yes I know what you mean and I dont understand why not either. O well at least we have stuff to look forward too?
    03-22-09 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD