ok, so it turns out they verizon blocks the network extender from working on a 10.x.x.x network. you can read about all the time and troubleshooting i did if youd like. hxxp://forums.clarkconnect.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=vpn&Number=115904&fpart=1 &PHPSESSID=aer1ri6k9c8m2cueo13a463136
    05-13-09 01:48 PM
    Try spacing out the extender from the router and modem, they may just be too close together.

On another note, what in the heck is the HDMI connection on the bottom of the Network Extender for?
    is it the port for the GPS antenna?
    05-13-09 01:58 PM
    is it the port for the GPS antenna?
    Nope, the GPS is on the top inside of the device. There is a sliding cover that sits flush on the extender, kind of like a sliding battery cover on a remote control for your TV. The HDMI port sits on the very bottom, which is weird because it would be inaccessible if you sit the device on its "feet".
    05-13-09 02:27 PM
    Nope, the GPS is on the top inside of the device. There is a sliding cover that sits flush on the extender, kind of like a sliding battery cover on a remote control for your TV. The HDMI port sits on the very bottom, which is weird because it would be inaccessible if you sit the device on its "feet".
    rack mount for your wicked axe rig while you're on tour with Rush?
    05-13-09 03:26 PM
    I tried one of these Verizon Network Extenders since I have low signal strength inside my residence.
    model = Samsung SCS-26UC4

It did a great job of making incoming calls sound very good.
    However, when I speak into my BB 9530 everyone says I sound like I am breaking up and cannot understand a thing I am saying.
    I called some people on their mobile devices and they said "you're breaking up...." .
    I called some folks on their landlines and they said the same thing.
    I did try the BB 9530 on speakerphone also to see if that would make a difference - it did not.

I tried altering the QoS via router settings and it did not help at all.

I am taking it back.

I read this thread and I guess it works for some people - for me it did not.
    07-20-09 05:33 PM
    Check out this link if you want some more info -

My only issue is folks using up my bandwidth to make calls on my exnender!
    My understanding is you need to be within 15 feet of the femtocell to make the initial connection with it so unless the other people are actually in your house, there really should not be a problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 01:24 AM
    in all fairness if you have no signal in your house they should "lend" this to you for the time you live in that location. I am not 100% sure they would not do that if you told them you were going to cancel due to lack of service.
    Lol. No they won't. I don't think any carrier guarantees service indoors. They won't be lending you anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 02:35 AM
    The Wilson units were mentioned way earlier from someone, i forget who by the time i got to end of thread but i was wondering if it boosts not only the voice side but the data side also?
    Reading the specs on it, it sounds like it boosts both, and this would be essential for me and much better then the femtocell from vw, however a little bit more in cost but i think well worth what i am trying to do.
    any ideas on who has the wilsons and used them?
    08-11-09 11:46 AM
    The unit runs like any standard voip device would on a network. The biggest enemy to your device or any for that matter would be file sharing software such as bittorrent and the like. Something is eating up uplink bandwidth causing the chop.

Unless you're using a device that can do filtering via nbar like say a cisco QoS isn't really going to catch Torrent clients etc that use arbitrary ports and udp..

I tried one of these Verizon Network Extenders since I have low signal strength inside my residence.
    model = Samsung SCS-26UC4

It did a great job of making incoming calls sound very good.
    However, when I speak into my BB 9530 everyone says I sound like I am breaking up and cannot understand a thing I am saying.
    I called some people on their mobile devices and they said "you're breaking up...." .
    I called some folks on their landlines and they said the same thing.
    I did try the BB 9530 on speakerphone also to see if that would make a difference - it did not.

I tried altering the QoS via router settings and it did not help at all.

I am taking it back.

I read this thread and I guess it works for some people - for me it did not.
    Last edited by ircactus; 11-25-09 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Left out the bit on nbar
    11-25-09 11:21 AM
    I have had my Extender since it came out. I have had some issues with people saying I am cutting in and out and Listening to people have been the same way at times. Usually I just unplug my extender and let it reset and it fixed. No major problems. Overall pretty happy.
    11-25-09 11:42 AM
    Hi im new to this forum where can i get help?
    11-25-09 11:49 AM
    can you plz help me im looking to get internet on my bb
    11-25-09 11:50 AM
    i have dl some software but nothing seems to be working ?
    11-25-09 11:51 AM
    Resurrecting this thread for some placement advice - I picked one up earlier this week, I'm out in the sticks, and so far so good. I'm just wondering if you have any advice on placement to get the max coverage over a wider area. The VZW FAQ says "higher is better", but would that include putting it on the second floor? I'm wondering if the additional interference of the floor negates any height advantage? It's all in the signal pattern from the antenna I suppose - any advice? Thanks!
    03-05-10 09:33 PM
139 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD