all the leaked OS versions for the storm have been great, but there are some features that are still missing... for the next updates it would be great if we were able to have the following:

1. Vibrate and ring at the same time (For some reason Blackberries are like the only phones that don't sound and vibrate at the same time, IT SUCKS), with this i mean that should be included into the phone software not a 3rd party app.

2. BlackBerry Messenger contact share for sending files. When you go to the picture folder and select an image you want to send using the BBM, you need to scroll all the way down to find a contact. A SEARCH feature would be awesome. You can show the keyboard but the contact list will be over it, so it is senseless.

3. Instead of having a SurePress keyboard a Touchscreen keyboard would be great. We should have like an option for choosing between the SurePress mode or the Touchscreen mode, this will just help some people to type faster.

4. An option for disabling the screen rotation. So when you put the cellphone in landscape the screen doesn't change. This will just make the phone more customizable.

5. Images should be able to be saved after rotating them. Ex: If I have a picture in portrait mode and rotate it into Landscape (Without turning the phone) we should have an option to save the picture after rotating it, so next time we open it it will be in the same position we left it.

6. As a default option it would be really good to be able to change the lock screen image.

7. The battery sucks!!!! it really should last longer!! it doesn't even make it through a whole day!

Well this is all i can think about needed features right now. If you have any Ideas post them, HOPEFULLY one day they will be in our storms!

See u guys, CrackBerry Rocks!!
    03-08-09 08:09 PM
    And a phone that doesn't randomly reboot...
    03-08-09 08:19 PM
    so of those complaints are crazy like dont by a surepress phone if you want a touch screen phone - and like how many times u sending pics
    03-08-09 08:21 PM
    I disagree wholeheartedly with your second point- and I know that RIM does as well. The device was created for the sole purpose of having the SurePress. I type just fine on it and have no problems, and I came from using an HTC Touch and I'm typing on my Storm faster.
    03-08-09 08:21 PM
    I agree completely.

The storm should have some type of photo editing software as well. Almost every dumbphone out there has one.

Flick scrolling would be nice as well!
    03-08-09 08:25 PM
    RIM just needs to correct this mistake.
    03-08-09 08:31 PM
    What i meant about the surepress is that as an option would be great to have only touchscreen keyboard, it would make a more complex and great phone!!! with more features!
    03-08-09 08:49 PM
    and regarding the rebooting....when you update the phone it will stop rebooting the updates are fixing the bugs of the phone
    03-08-09 08:50 PM
    I agree with the surepress thing. The surepress can be utilized in many ways other than the keyboard. There should be a way to disable it just for the keyboard. You can still use it for browsing and selecting apps etc...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 08:52 PM
    great list lol there is tons more to add too. rim was really unprepared when releasing this
    03-08-09 08:54 PM
    I disagree wholeheartedly with your second point- and I know that RIM does as well. The device was created for the sole purpose of having the SurePress. I type just fine on it and have no problems, and I came from using an HTC Touch and I'm typing on my Storm faster.
    I type faster than with my VX6900 as well.
    03-08-09 09:00 PM
    I like the phone as is, i would just like to see the follow:

1. Save apps in to the memory card
    2. An option for disabling the screen rotation, it would help for people like me who uses cases so whenever you take the phone out of the case you already know what you're going to see and not have to wait 3 seconds for the screen to change.
    3. Keyboard like the iphone, that would show the key above the finger, not only have the blue light following the finger...
    4. NO MORE MEMORY LEAKS

I guess that's it
    03-08-09 09:13 PM
    I agree, I came from an HTC touch too and I type faster on my storm.

Only things I really want to see done better:

1) Threaded SMS (ok, seriously, im not bashing at all, but this is probably one of the most POPULAR features people love about a phone; how can a phone seriously not have threaded SMS? thats just unaccepted IMO.)

2) better/more fluent UI. the UI on the storm is nice, don't get me wrong, but a fluent UI that make the phone flow much smoother is a need IMO.

a few other things, but i'll manage.

i've had a storm since week 1 of release and I wont ever trade it (til next storm) so don't get me wrong love it.
    03-08-09 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD