I really wanna make the switch to BB and I've been waiting for the storm to pull through. I recently discovered the 9630 as well as rumors of a storm 2... now I don't know what to do! I will be using it in this order (net, phone, text) and I had a heck of a time using the keyboard when I tried it out in the Verizon store, but the guy said it works better if you type sloppy and it takes getting used to? Also, I love the huge screen since I will be mainly using it for net. I read somewhere 9630 release should be May? Should I wait...what about Storm 2? Can anybody help me?

THX!
    04-07-09 01:57 PM
    If you want a touchscreen, go with the Storm. If you want something similar to a Storm interface but not a touchscreen, go Niagra (9630). That's the simple breakdown.

As far as Storm 1 or Storm 2, I'd say Storm 1 just because, as with all new releases, there are always bugs for the launch phase that need worked out.
    04-07-09 02:54 PM
    If you can wait, I suggest wait. If you need the Storm that badly get it. It's not the perfect phone yet but it is a good phone. 7 months down the road if the Storm 2 is released can you live with your decision if so go for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 03:34 PM
    Just get the Niagra.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 03:40 PM
    I was happy to switch over to the storm, ive had mine since December of last year and enjoy it. yes it has its little issues sometimes but i feel confident recommending it to someone.
    04-07-09 03:42 PM
    Maybe wait until the Storm 2 comes out late September.

But wait! In October they will announce a Storm 3 will be coming out early 2010. So wait for that. But wait...come mid 2010 they will announce the Storm 4 in early 2011. So wait for that. etc. etc.
    04-07-09 04:09 PM
    This Storm 2 stuff is nonsense. Not sure where it got started, but my current theory is that someone's confusing the Pluto with Niagara, and then some other people ran with it. Or it's the 9520 that was announced a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago... Almost right after the Storm launched.
    04-07-09 04:14 PM
    This Storm 2 stuff is nonsense. Not sure where it got started, but my current theory is that someone's confusing the Pluto with Niagara, and then some other people ran with it. Or it's the 9520 that was announced a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago... Almost right after the Storm launched.
    Not nonsense my friend. The real question is when it will come to the US.
    RIM spokesman confirms BlackBerry Storm 2 launch in 2009 and novel input method : Boy Genius Report
    04-08-09 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD