What's up Crackberry heads, just had a couple quick questions for other users on the 5.0 os.

I upgraded my OS once my carrier (Bell) released one, but after doing that some things i've noticed i had prior to the upgrade have disappeared. I just wanted to know if this is just me or something with 5.0 in general.

I will do just a quick point form of what i've noticed.

-when in landscape mode i do not have the option to pull up the keyboard.

-when on a call my screen goes black until i hit a key and then everything shows up again.

-when in applications i only see the apps i've downloaded (ie. BBM, facebook, themes) and not all the other apps (ie. help, brickbreaker, other apps i don;t use)

-and the last thing i can think of as of now, which might play into the other question just above this. After upgrading i lost other apps like memo pad (task) and other icons.

I hope i provided enough information that you crackberry gurus can help me out with.

Thanks

The "Dude"
    02-09-10 12:19 PM
    For the ones that came with the phone (ie Brickbreaker, tasks, etc) did you reload them when you upgraded to 5.0? I know for me, they weren't automatic.

I think the landscape no keyboard is a common problem, best solution is make one of the side keys a shortcut to the keyboard.
    02-09-10 03:05 PM
    Did you do a wipe and then reload the 5 or did you just do an upgrade over the old?

I know when I went to 5 from 4.7 with the Bell release I didn't lose anything like what you are describing so I am wondering if there was an improper load. It may be best to 504 it and reload from no OS instead over overlaying the upgrade over an existing OS.
    02-09-10 04:49 PM
    Hmmm I wiped my 4.7 and replaced everything 5.0 and had to reinstall several apps despite asking DM to do it all for me. Namely Viigo and Poynt.
    02-09-10 11:13 PM
    yea i just did an overrite of the old OS. and from the info you guys are providing i think it is due to the fact somethign essed up when i was upgrading. because i was doing it through apploader and left it running while i went out. once i came home an error message appeared on the screen and my phone was bricked (well i thought it was) a few unplugs here and there and the upgrade resumed and it was fine.

Does that sound like a reason why some things are not appearing?
    02-10-10 10:07 AM
    and i just tried changing the side key to keyboard but when i put it in landscape mode and press the side key nothing happens, it only works in portrait.
    02-10-10 10:13 AM
    Backup your phone and try reloading 5.0. This time do a complete wipe and reload. I suspect something did not load right when the error happened.

As for the screen going black, this is a feature to help conserve battery power. On my phone, when on a call and I remove the phone from my ear the screen is black, I wait a couple seconds and the screen turns back on. Sometimes i have to tap the screen but it usually turns back on by itself.
    02-10-10 11:12 AM
    I fugured it was something different in terms of the black screen, i just wondered if it was just mine or something with 5.0 just because 4.7 did not do that. and i would always have to tap the screen to get everything to show up it does not come up automatically.

and does it matter if you have to different blackberry users in the household using the same computer when doing upgrades? I'm just asking this now because i have the Storm and my girl has the curve, and we have 2 different lap tops. The one that gave me the error only recognizes my storm, and when i try to plug it into her laptop (which is better) it does not recognize it. Is there something that can correct that so i can upgrade stuff on my storm on her laptop?

Thanks again crackheads
    02-10-10 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD