When I used to send messages I'd get a check followed by a little "D" on top of it and now instead of that I get a check then my phone (depending on the profile setting) will either vibrate or ring and I get another message to the person I was sending the message to saying "message to (###-###-####) succeeded..

Can someone PLEASE help me get it back to just the check mark and little "D"? It's rather annoying having my phone go off again right after I sent the message.. Thanks for any and all help..
    Last edited by antonio6981; 08-26-09 at 05:00 PM.
    08-26-09 04:25 PM
    1) red is hard to read...

2) do you have a 3rd party theme? that could disable the delivery confirmation

also, go to options>sms and ensure that the delivery confirmation is turned on...

and it will only confirm to carriers that support delivery confirmation
    08-26-09 04:37 PM
    1) red is hard to read...

2) do you have a 3rd party theme? that could disable the delivery confirmation

also, go to options>sms and ensure that the delivery confirmation is turned on...

and it will only confirm to carriers that support delivery confirmation
    1. My bad for the color. Hope you like blue lol
    2. I had beyond160 installed (the trial version) but I deleted it.
    3. I went to options but it doesn't say sms after that..

I don't know what happened.. It was fine monday, then wednesday comes up and this starts happening..
    08-26-09 05:04 PM
    1) blue is better, but the font is kinda garbage, lol

2) idk if beyond 160 makes a difference, you never answered if you have a theme though

3) you need to go to the options app, the little wrench, then it's listed alphabetical, sms text...however upon further review there is no delivery confirmation setting for SMS, so it's not a valid point anymore

what carrier is the person you're texting when you don't get the "D" anymore?
    08-26-09 05:07 PM
    1) blue is better, but the font is kinda garbage, lol

2) idk if beyond 160 makes a difference, you never answered if you have a theme though

3) you need to go to the options app, the little wrench, then it's listed alphabetical, sms text...however upon further review there is no delivery confirmation setting for SMS, so it's not a valid point anymore

what carrier is the person you're texting when you don't get the "D" anymore?
    Strike two lol.. Yes I have a theme installed.. I tried goin back to the default theme but it didn't make a difference.. Still same thing.. A lot of people I text have different carriers like Metro PCS, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, and T-Mobile..

I'm dumbfounded as to why this is happening now..
    08-26-09 05:33 PM
    and you don't get a deliver confirmation for any of 'em?

and it was working before?

sounds like you need to call your carrier...
    08-26-09 05:36 PM
    and you don't get a deliver confirmation for any of 'em?

and it was working before?

sounds like you need to call your carrier...
    No I do get a deliver confirmation but instead of it being the check with the d I get a message saying it was delivered..
    08-26-09 05:40 PM
    oh, that's entirely different...that's not a phone setting...that's a network issue, either your network or the person you're sending to....do you get one for everyone you send to? or is it one specific carrier you're recieving these from?
    08-26-09 05:42 PM
    oh, that's entirely different...that's not a phone setting...that's a network issue, either your network or the person you're sending to....do you get one for everyone you send to? or is it one specific carrier you're recieving these from?
    Yes I get it from everyone I send to.. My girlfriend just called me and told me it's happening to her to so it must be a network issue.. At least I'm hoping that's the case
    08-26-09 05:47 PM
    yeah, sounds like it's a network issue if you're getting 'em from everyone...
    08-26-09 05:51 PM
    yeah, sounds like it's a network issue if you're getting 'em from everyone...
    Ok cause I was pullin my hair at work goin crazy lol.. Thanks for help and replies it's greatly appreciated..
    08-26-09 05:54 PM
    Must be a MetroPCS thing.
    Antonio, do you have data/mms/sms/call all working properly on your Storm on Metro network?
    (Obviously, you have SMS working.)
    Did you have it flashed or do it yourself?
    08-26-09 08:50 PM
    Quit screwing with the font. Just stick with default.

I'd wipe your device and reload the os and your contacts/calendar then re load apps one at a time, checking to see if it changes.
    08-26-09 09:05 PM
    hey i am having the same problem now. it just happened to me today and its super annoying to get a text back every single time i send one. i also noticed that the little D above the check mark doesn't appear anymore.
    so antonio did your phone ever stop doing that?
    Yea it's very annoying and no it hasn't stopped yet.. Still goin on..
    Must be a MetroPCS thing.
    Antonio, do you have data/mms/sms/call all working properly on your Storm on Metro network?
    (Obviously, you have SMS working.)
    Did you have it flashed or do it yourself?
    Yes I have everything working.. Data, MMS, SMS, Calls and Net.. Everything else is still working without a problem... It's just the text thing that's killin me.. And I had it flashed by someone..
    Quit screwing with the font. Just stick with default.

I'd wipe your device and reload the os and your contacts/calendar then re load apps one at a time, checking to see if it changes.
    What do you mean the fonts? I haven't installed anything aside from beyond160 (which I deleted) and some themes I payed for.. And I would wipe everything but I'm not sure if that would mess up the setting from it being Flashed to Metro PCS..
    08-26-09 09:27 PM
    [/QUOTE]What do you mean the fonts? I haven't installed anything aside from beyond160 (which I deleted) and some themes I payed for.. And I would wipe everything but I'm not sure if that would mess up the setting from it being Flashed to Metro PCS..[/QUOTE]

He's talking about the fonts in your posts here.
    08-27-09 12:08 AM
    I started having the same problem like 2 days ago..I also thought it was something that I had accidently changed..now I see that this is not the case. I hope that someone can figure this out. I can't stand getting a message back everytime I send a message. I am also going through metrops. Please post a response if anyone finds a solution to this mass problem!
    08-27-09 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD