Well first off ... this is my first post on this site , so here goes nothing.

Some drunk guy gave me his phone the other day and lives about 3 hours away from me ... I dont know the guy , never met him ... etc

So im sitting here with his phone in my lap , and well I was jus told that apparently theres some kind of tracing system to locate hte phone

Is there any way to remove it , and also is there a way to swap out the "smartcard" or whatever the term is called on these things , so I can have well basically a new phone and none of the guys stuff left on it.

Now Im literally celly illiterate , never had one b4 -- and well Im jus tryna make some cash on the side here , can someone here help me out ???
    10-29-09 05:59 PM
    So, basically what you're saying is... ya stole some drunk dudes expensive smart phone and looking to sell it without having it traced back to you. Did I assess the situation corectly? I would suggest trying to return it to the now sober ***** and tell him ya have his phone. Ya might even get a reward for "finding it". If he had any sense he will report it stolen, and it will become useless in the end anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 06:30 PM
    So, basically what you're saying is... ya stole some drunk dudes expensive smart phone and looking to sell it without having it traced back to you. Did I assess the situation corectly? I would suggest trying to return it to the now sober ***** and tell him ya have his phone. Ya might even get a reward for "finding it". If he had any sense he will report it stolen, and it will become useless in the end anyway.

LMAO!
    sounds like that's exactly what happened
    10-29-09 06:38 PM
    OP why are you being a huge a$$hole

10-29-09 06:38 PM
    Just format the phone if its a BB. Regardless its the drunks fault "if" the drunk handed it to the OP.

As far as trying to use it im sure he flagged it with his cell carrier as lost or stolen so i doubt you can use it.
    10-29-09 06:41 PM
    I would have posted nothing but lol except this site makes you have more than 10 characters in every post
    10-29-09 06:51 PM
    Well first off ... this is my first post on this site , so here goes nothing.

Some drunk guy gave me his phone the other day and lives about 3 hours away from me ... I dont know the guy , never met him ... etc

So im sitting here with his phone in my lap , and well I was jus told that apparently theres some kind of tracing system to locate hte phone

Is there any way to remove it , and also is there a way to swap out the "smartcard" or whatever the term is called on these things , so I can have well basically a new phone and none of the guys stuff left on it.

Now Im literally celly illiterate , never had one b4 -- and well Im jus tryna make some cash on the side here , can someone here help me out ???

Quoted in case the drunk guy logs in to find his stolen storm.
    10-29-09 06:55 PM
    Wow. He really thinks everyone else is as big a piece of isht as he is.

10-29-09 08:29 PM
    I hope the guy reported it stolen and you try to activate it! I doubt anyone here will help you break the law!

10-29-09 08:42 PM
    Yesterday a drunk leprechaun gave me a pot of gold. Should I return it or use it to buy an iPhone?

10-29-09 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD