I have a storm which i love and i'm pretty fluent at using it. I use it for personal reason (not work related) A gentleman i work with has also just purchased a storm and is looking at me to set it up for him. He would like to have it access our Work email as well as sync to our work calander. We use Lotus Notes for email and Lotus Organizer for calander. Is there a guide somewhere on the forums on how to set this up? Can someone help me? is this even possible?
    07-22-09 03:03 PM
    Are you working in a corporate/enterprise environment? If so this is something you should definitely be addressing with your local IT support versus the forums here.
    07-22-09 03:11 PM
    I"m not sure?? i just need to know what kind of information he will need from our office administrator ..is there an app he needs on his Storm....and IF it is possible..he just bought the storm and said "here can u set this up" LOL soo i guess first off is it possible to sync it with Lotus Notes and Lotus Organizer? and what information will I need to provide? sorry if these sound like dumb questions..its just i've never attempted anything like this before so any bit of information that i can even read up on would be helpful

Edited to add: its a very small company...not a major company however there is a network we work off of..not sure if that is any help?
    Last edited by emerald0130; 07-22-09 at 03:21 PM.
    07-22-09 03:17 PM
    Unfortunately, I have very little experience with Notes as an email application, as all of my knowledge surrounds BlackBerry/Exchange/BES in an Outlook environment. I'm sure someone here can chime in who has knowledge regarding Notes and whether or note it's feasible.

That said, and again, since this is concerning syncing work data, why not contact your IT support to get their feedback and assistance (I'm sure you have someone supporting your computers)? They should certainly be able to answer any questions you have on this topic. Not sure how you're setup, but if it's anything like the environment I work in (and it may not be simply due to the nature and size of your company), your computers are probably locked down requiring Administrative privileges in order to install anything.

In short, this might not be an undertaking you want to engage in, as your company may prohibit their email/data/intellectual property from being installed on "personal devices". Just something to consider.
    07-22-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD