I've been on a Pearl for some time, and was waiting for the Tour, but now I'm not really interested in renewing my contract. Is there anything that should cause me not to buy a Verizon Storm from a local guy in town who just upgraded to the Tour? I prefer the suretype over the keyboard at this point, but realize their is a Storm 2 coming (sometime)....

what should I be on the lookout for on the device? He indicated Verizon Tech Support loosened screws to fix the screen corner issues, and it has the latest "released" version of the OS. Otherwise, only thing I know about the Storm is the picture taking is horribly slow - did/has this been resolved in an OS update?

Thanks for your feedback.
    07-21-09 12:52 PM
    On my Storm picture taking has always been painfully slow. It's gotten better with newer OS releases, but it remains the slowest camera I've ever had on a phone.

What to look for: does the screen click properly? dust under screen? indications of water damage? clear ESN? any known mechanical issues (e.g. headphone jack doesn't work, etc.)?
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 07-21-09 at 01:10 PM.
    07-21-09 01:03 PM
    + Call quality seems 2 vary quite a bit across storms.

Me tho...i'd wait for storm 2.
    07-21-09 03:09 PM
    I am with transfigured, just wait for storm 2.
    07-21-09 03:12 PM
    Not sure I want to renew contract (or pay the "non-contract" price for the Storm 2)...given the guy wants $200 for the unit - no scratches/issues...does that change your opinion Robindan / Transfigured?
    07-21-09 03:33 PM
    Huh? Believe u can get a new storm for $150.
    07-21-09 03:48 PM
    Huh? Believe u can get a new storm for $150.
    Thats with a new contract. OP doesn't want to renew.
    07-21-09 03:56 PM
    Storms are great.. most people don't quite understand the picture taking, it focuses and when its green you take the picture.. simple as that. As for the corner issues, you can look at the youtube video but you simply place a folded small piece of paper between the battery and the back of the phone and your screen will click 5x better. Just make sure you don't overload it with music apps and all that good stuff, because the only problem I really have is the slow proccessing speed!
    07-21-09 03:57 PM
    Not sure I want to renew contract (or pay the "non-contract" price for the Storm 2)...given the guy wants $200 for the unit - no scratches/issues...does that change your opinion Robindan / Transfigured?
    $200 is nice, not GREAT. So you get it for $200, enjoy it for a few months until the Storm 2 comes out. By then, you'll know if the Storm line is right for you. Assume you turn around and get $150 for it....it's worth the $50 test drive for 3+ months (considering there's no contract extension).

P.S. Most Storm users know how a digital camera works...press, focus, snap. Fact remains the Storm camera is subpar....in my opinion based on my experience with other camera phones.
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 07-21-09 at 07:33 PM.
    07-21-09 07:30 PM
    I would not get the storm
    07-21-09 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD