Two cases enter...One Case Leaves...

Seriously though, I'm fed up with my Verizon plastic case, as it's just too bulky and easily comes apart. I'm looking at either of the cases mentioned to replace it, though I have no idea which one would be the better buy.

I've ready great things about each and understand there are almost identical in design and durability...though I've read recent issues with Incipio's feather cracking and damaging.

Anyone care to chime in and help a indecisive ******* like me?
    04-28-09 06:31 PM
    Incipio's customer service is excellent, so put a check mark in their column.
    04-28-09 06:38 PM
    Hate to call myself out… but I dropped my Storm this past weekend on a tile floor(and to further self-incriminate, yes there was beer involved & a lot of it). Anyway… It hit face down, and hard. Fortunately, I had a case on it. I have two Feathers and a Innocase II, happened to be using one of the Feathers at the time. There was not one scratch on either the case or my Storm, both survived the fall… whew! I firmly believe that the Feather saved my Storm from my own stupidity

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 07:49 PM
    I haven't used or seen the Case-Mate one, but I have the Red Incipio Feather and its awesome. Its barely there but provides great protection. +1 about the customer service too.
    04-28-09 08:00 PM
    So three votes for Incipio...

By the way, the Case-Mate in question is this one:http://shop.crackberry.com/case-mate-barely-there-case/4A123A5358.htm
    04-28-09 08:03 PM
    The cases look identical. I just got the feather as well and like it alot. But why not be different and get the barely there case? How much different can it be? Maybe they have the color you like?

Try it out and report back to us lol. If your not adventurous go with the feather its really nice.
    04-28-09 09:43 PM
    not bad mouthing the feather case because I currently have one on my phone, but in another thread alot of people's have been cracking when they try and take it off for a battery pull, but I think they replace it for free so its up to y'all...
    04-28-09 09:46 PM
    I just recieved mine today and I love it!!
    04-28-09 09:53 PM
    I just recieved mine today and I love it!!
    Which one?

I haven't seen many threads with the Case-Mate that's one reason I asked. I mean, I guess I'm worried about the size of each. Like I said, the case I have now is more than an inch thick, so I want the smallest cover/case I can get.

Are both identical in dimensions?
    04-28-09 09:56 PM
    I currently have a Seidio case on my Curve, and it looks like it's made of the same material as the Seidio Innocase II. I love the grippy feel of my Seidio case much more than the slick silicon skins or some of the other cases out there. My question is, are either of these Storm cases (Incipio/CaseMate) grippy like the Seidio one, or are they both slightly slicker? I definitely like the design of these two Storm cases, but I fear they will be too slick for me.

People that say things like "it slides in and out of my pocket without sticking" have cases that are too slick for my taste, so I want a case that helps me not-drop the phone, lol.
    04-28-09 10:03 PM
    I currently have a Seidio case on my Curve, and it looks like it's made of the same material as the Seidio Innocase II. I love the grippy feel of my Seidio case much more than the slick silicon skins or some of the other cases out there. My question is, are either of these Storm cases (Incipio/CaseMate) grippy like the Seidio one, or are they both slightly slicker? I definitely like the design of these two Storm cases, but I fear they will be too slick for me.

People that say things like "it slides in and out of my pocket without sticking" have cases that are too slick for my taste, so I want a case that helps me not-drop the phone, lol.
    Both the Seidio Innocase II and the Incipio Feather feel very similar to me, both are quite comfortable to hold and not slick at all. I don't put my phone in my pocket, but when I grab it off my Seidio Innocase Holster I don't ever feel like I'm going to drop it (unless I snag the spring clip unintentionally and let it fall onto a tile floor).
    04-28-09 10:33 PM
    Alright, well I pulled the trigger on the Incipio and will see how it goes. If it cracks within the first few days of ownership, I'll send it back and go with the Case-Mate.
    04-28-09 10:37 PM
    I have the white incipio feather, love it. I've had the innocase 1 before also, but prefer the feather.
    04-28-09 10:40 PM
    I ordered the purple incipio feather just now. I wonder how long it'll take to get here!! I have a cheap silicone case from ebay on there now and it isn't a perfect fit. There is a space between the sides of the case and my phone! Hope this new case will be what I need!! Thank goodness for lifetime warranty!
    04-30-09 11:41 PM
    Ordered my Incipio feather on Sunday and recieved it today. Fit and finish is superb. All the buttons and ports are perfectly centered. Very thin and grippy and it comes with two screen protectors. Very happy with my purchase. Much better than Verizon clam shell.
    05-01-09 12:09 AM
    just got my orange case mate case today. its real nice.

i had a innocase II which i also liked, but being a huge phoenix suns fan, i like the color orange quite a bit.

it is a lot thinner than the innocase which is nice too.

either way, i dont think you can go wrong.
    05-01-09 12:29 AM
    I went with the Feather and so far pretty happy with it. Free shipping helped me decide on the Feather.
    05-01-09 10:19 AM
    just got my orange case mate case today. its real nice.

i had a innocase II which i also liked, but being a huge phoenix suns fan, i like the color orange quite a bit.

it is a lot thinner than the innocase which is nice too.

either way, i dont think you can go wrong.
    Mind posting some photos?
    05-01-09 10:30 AM
    ok so I was thinking about a new case and wasnt even sure which one to get and I saw this thread. After reading it I have made up my mind, thanks everyone for your input, you didnt just help out the guy who started this thread.
    05-01-09 11:59 AM
    Any of you Feather users have an issue with not being able to click the screen after putting it on? I'm having that problem. Seems like I wouldn't be the only one but haven't seen anyone else bring it up.
    05-01-09 12:38 PM
    Got some good news and some bad news..

Good News First: Ordered my case on Wed...got it Friday morning using free shipping (from CA to Northern VA). Love the look of the case, feel, and durability (at least from first impresssions).

Now the Bad News: A hairline crack (the same that many have reported) formed in less than 2 hours of ownership and having my Storm being placed CORRECTLY into the case.

Not sure what kind of R&D Incipio has, but they really need to look into these problems.

Guess I'll go the same route and contact them, but I'm a bit hesitant as I was thinking of going the way of Case-Mate...
    05-02-09 10:14 PM
    Got some good news and some bad news..

Good News First: Ordered my case on Wed...got it Friday morning using free shipping (from CA to Northern VA). Love the look of the case, feel, and durability (at least from first impresssions).

Now the Bad News: A hairline crack (the same that many have reported) formed in less than 2 hours of ownership and having my Storm being placed CORRECTLY into the case.

Not sure what kind of R&D Incipio has, but they really need to look into these problems.

Guess I'll go the same route and contact them, but I'm a bit hesitant as I was thinking of going the way of Case-Mate...
    Hmmm… got two Feathers and have experienced no problems. I swap every three or four days between my Innocase II and my two feathers. No cracks or any other damage. I even dropped my Storm on a tile floor with one of the feathers on, and still not a scratch to either the case or my Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 10:20 PM
    it doesnt seem like either the case-mate or the incipio covers the chrome very well. could someone verify this? would this be a potential problem?

and i know the case-mate says it is not compatible with the clear armor, but has anyone tried anyways?

and with the incipio crack problem, has any case mate users had this happen? or is this only a problem with the incipio?
    05-03-09 01:02 PM
    I have the Barely There. My wife has an iphone and used the Incipio. It cracked on her after a few weeks. They sell these locally here in Atlanta in a few kiosks in malls. When she went back, she got a refund and decided to try the Barely There. She has had it for a few months now and likes it better. I love mone as well. Both companies make a good product. It really comes down to color preference.
    05-03-09 01:15 PM
    oh, and does anyone know any discount codes for casemate?
    05-03-09 01:25 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD