Hi,

This is my first Blackberry (Storm), and although it is a bit overwhelming for a first time user, I am really loving it.
    This website and all the knowledgable posters have, quite frankly, been a lifesaver. So, for that I want to say Thank you so much.
    Most of my problems I have been able to find answers on this site, but I have one that I need help with (it's probably quite simple, but I am stuck):
    My mobile network connection indicator light isn't flashing. When I checked "manage connections" it says my Blackberry Internet service and server is not connected. I just signed up last night for my blackberry email account and got confirmation)
    How do I connect?
    (I have verizon wireless and I get my sms messages)

Thanks for any help...

CJ
    12-20-08 03:11 PM
    i had this on friday after i upgraded. Check to see if your browser is working, if it is not it wont do emails.if you go to options, advanced options, then mobile network, top bar-data services, should say on-if not set to on. Also you will need to have at GPRS or 3 g, i am a uk user so you will have diff options. But this is what they talked me thru,hope this helps
    12-20-08 04:13 PM
    I had this problem when I first set up email with Vodafone and spent over an hour on the phone to customer services. Eventually some tech guy sorted it but It was defo a prob at their end. Why not give your provider a call?

Not much help I know but worth thinking about.
    12-20-08 04:29 PM
    Have you tried to turn them on from the Manage Connections icon?
    Go to that icon and click it at the to pf the box that opens it will say "Restore Connections". Just click it and it will re-connect. My Storm will turn itself off over night about once per week.

Hope that helps and welcome to CB.
    12-20-08 06:33 PM
    Go to Manage Connections and turn it on. Also go to Options>Advanced Options>HostRoutingTable>Menu>Register Now.
    12-20-08 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD