I am having trouble setting up a secondary email account on my Storm. I currently have a work email set up through our BES and am looking to set up my Gmail account as well. There are no IT restrictions on doing this and I have done it successfully prior. If I go to where email set-up should be, it has an Email Settings icon, which when clicked says your account has been suspended by your administrator. If this is referring to our business admin, that is not the case.

A little backgound and what I have done so far.

I am currently running Lyricidal's Hybrid.
    I have called Verizon to check provisioning.
    I have resent service books.
    I have tried to register on the RIM site, but it says an account is already created for that PIN.

I am not sure what else to do, which is why I am turning to everyone. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks
    04-17-09 08:32 AM
    I had the same problem when I first tried to register on the RIM site...called vzw tech support, they got me setup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 08:54 AM
    I tired them, but they guy didn't know what he was doing. Maybe I will try again. Thanks for the quick answer.
    04-17-09 08:58 AM
    you could always just use the Gmail blackberry app. it works great
    04-17-09 09:21 AM
    The problem with the app is you have to leave it running in the background to get push email.

If, like me, you have quickpull scheduled to run every night, you lose the pushed emails unless you remember to re launch the app every morning.

To OP, it definitely sounds like a carrier problem. Call them back and ask for bb support, maybe they will be more helpful.

04-17-09 09:51 AM
    I use it, but I would rather just use the BIS for the same reason as listed above. Either way, something is not right somewhere and I want to straighten it out. Thanks for the responses though.
    04-17-09 10:25 AM
    The problem with the app is you have to leave it running in the background to get push email.

If, like me, you have quickpull scheduled to run every night, you lose the pushed emails unless you remember to re launch the app every morning.

To OP, it definitely sounds like a carrier problem. Call them back and ask for bb support, maybe they will be more helpful.

I am going to try and call again. Hopefully get someone better equipped to handle the problem.
    04-17-09 10:26 AM
    It was a Verizon problem. They had to cancel the account and put it back. All good now. Thanks for the help.
    04-17-09 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD