Need a little help. I am having trouble putting music, pictures, and movies straight to my card. My computer is not recognizing my storm being plugged in. I know I have no problem w/ my usb connection, BBDM always works fine. My cpu is an older unit and does not have a card reader on it, so I usually run things through my printer, with much success, but when I install my card from my Storm in it, it can't read it. I try this with another smaller card, format it, and it reads just fine. Through the printer though. I do have mass storage enabled. Roxio is worthless most of the time. What am I doing wrong?
    07-06-09 06:34 PM
    Are you connecting the USB with the storm via the printer or directly into the PC?
    One thing you can try if you're connected to the PC, as I don't know how well it'll work connected via printer to PC, run Roxio as you would normally run it, and it should prompt you for going into mass storage mode; then after it successfully loads into the second window, check My Computer to see if the drives show up (This process puts the Storm in mass storage mode if your PC couldn't recognize it even though you already have it enabled).
    07-06-09 07:05 PM
    I am connecting straight to the pc, and am currently on Roxio and sill have nothing showing in "My Computer".
    07-06-09 07:16 PM
    Perhaps updated usb drivers??
    07-06-09 07:17 PM
    On your phone, go to options>memory and make sure mass storage is ON and auto enable mass storage is set to YES.
    07-06-09 07:21 PM
    How do I update the usb drivers?
    07-06-09 07:28 PM
    How do I update the usb drivers?
    Go to your manufacturer website to check to see if they are sporting any new device drivers,(usb)

Windows update service might have it as well (unlikely).

If you're divers is the latest one, then perhaps there is something wrong with your DM, perhaps it is the older version.

By the way how old is your rig/PC? And what version of Windows do you have that is running?
    07-06-09 07:39 PM
    She is kind of old, but running Windows XP.
    07-06-09 07:42 PM
    She is kind of old, but running Windows XP.
    That is fine and the min req for the DM 4.7 for the USB is 1.1. So that should not be an issue.

And you have mass storage enabled right?
    07-06-09 07:45 PM
    DM is 4.7, don't know usb. mass storage is on.
    07-06-09 07:52 PM
    The computer even makes the little chime when the storm gets plugged in and now Roxio will not even put music to the phone or card.
    07-06-09 07:56 PM
    DM is 4.7, don't know usb. mass storage is on.
    Don't worry about the USB. Okay now my head is hurting, your settings seem to be fine. But some thing tells me it your setting, no matter.

Reboot your PC see if that works, just make sure you connect your storm directly to your pc and not through your printer.

After that if that still does not work. Delete and reinstall the DM. And let us see from there.
    07-06-09 08:01 PM
    Yeah I understand the headache. I've try the reboot already, and I'm not going through the printer. So I'm going for broke and will try the delete and install. I appreciate your time and effort on this. I'm so frustrated I could just beat all of it with a bat right now.
    07-06-09 08:09 PM
    Yeah I understand the headache. I've try the reboot already, and I'm not going through the printer. So I'm going for broke and will try the delete and install. I appreciate your time and effort on this. I'm so frustrated I could just beat all of it with a bat right now.
    Better not do that lol. The more I think about it the more it appears that it is the DM that is giving you issues. Actually it is not even the DM it is Roxio.

After you installed the DM again and enabled mass support try to access your sd card directly through your pc and not through Roxio. Your pc will label your sd card as another external drive.
    07-06-09 08:25 PM
    There are times that an older PC cannot read/recognize a storage device that is big (ei 8g big).
    07-07-09 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD