I am not sure what is involved in this, I have unlocked to the phone to see if it would give me more network options but didn't seem to

basically I got this phone off someone and telus still has it linked to that persons account, I want to change it so it's on my account.

is there a setting somewhere that I can do this on the phone?

telus does not use SIM cards so cannot just switch card out to change.

also telus won't help with this because person I got the phone to had someone else take over his plan so we don't have plan info to get telus to remove phone from the account and for some reason the person who took over the account has not done so yet.
    02-05-11 12:12 PM
    No there is no way to move a phone from the other individual's account to yours without them talking to Telus first. It may have to be done in person at a retailer location.

Also maybe the phone was stolen, then sold to you???
    02-05-11 12:39 PM
    no, I know the person I got the phone from he has had the phone for about 2 years.

I know the name of the person on the account also, but he will not reply to email and has no # on file with telus except the cell and the previous contact number the person I know had for the guy is now out of service.

so basically it can be used for any service but telus that it will work with since it's unlocked? but not telus anymore? I tried putting SIM cards in and it works on other networks.
    02-05-11 12:50 PM
    Yes it will work with actually only other GSM providers (Rogers and Fido) will not work with Bell or Virgin Mobile. And also not with Telus as they won't add it to your account.
    02-05-11 12:56 PM
    alright, thanks for the info.

wish I could get them or the guy to remove it -.-;
    02-05-11 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD