Hello everybody,

I found this forum would be much help to my present problem with my new Storm in view of Create New Account with the BIS.

I stay in Thailand and I just bought a BB Storm last week and get it back to use in my country. This is my first Blackberry device I have ever owned. This Storm was originally Verizon's.

The US seller assured to me that this Storm is Brand New, completely Unlocked, and ready to be used with any GSM carrier in my country.

Well, this Storm is okay and I can make/receive calls, send/receive sms. However, the edge sign still show in small letter. Hence mms cannot be used until now.

Major problem I am facing is that everytime I attempt to create my new BIS account at my local carrier's RIM website, there will always be the atert shows that my Storm's pin/imei has already registered with another carrier.

I have contacted the seller to find out what is going on with this Storm but he has insisted that this device is brand new and has never been registered to the BIS. I even asked him to contact to the local Verizon's operator asking whether they can release my pin/imei but the result came out negative.

On top, my local operator could not help me on this since they claim that I got to ask Verizon to do this on my behalf.

I am so much desperate since I have been trying so many ways, including write email to BB asking for their help.

My question is that how can I make my pin/imei lift off from Verizon/BIS so that I will be able to create my new account with the local carrier.

I am in an urgent need to use the BB's pushmail, as well as, all other EDGE's features.

Anyone in this forum can help me out on this?
    02-16-09 10:32 PM
    If Verizon cannot help you release a PIN, maybe try contacting RIM. They're the ones that ultimately have access to that kind of thing.
    02-16-09 10:36 PM
    If Verizon cannot help you release a PIN, maybe try contacting RIM. They're the ones that ultimately have access to that kind of thing.
    Thank you for your quick comment. I will try to get to RIM by email and see how fast and how efficient I could get their help.

Any others, do you have different comments?
    02-16-09 10:43 PM
    Unfortunately I do not. If the PIN is indeed registered with VZW still, then it must be cleared before it can be used again. That or the person who's BIS account it is must switch devices for it to function. Was there a phone number already on the device when you received it?
    02-16-09 10:45 PM
    Hello again,

I think I saw a US phone number when i first inset my local sim into the device !!!??? H'ever, I cannot recall where in the device feature I saw that number.

After a series on conversations with the seller, I have been insisted that this Storm is 100% brand new and has been been activated with any Verizon related features. Hence there is not the ex-owner for this device since it came direct from his supplier.

I will once again ask him to make a call to RIM for help on this.

On your experience, is it always that RIM will be able to help to release the PIN/IMEI from their system?
    02-16-09 10:51 PM
    They should be able to. If there was a US phone number on the phone, that means it was activated at some point. If it was activated on a number, and that number did not have another BB put onto it after this one was deactivated, the pin number is still associated with that phone number's BIS account. Try hitting your phone button and looking at the top where it says My Number. usually if you have an unlocked device, it still shows the cdma number at the top.
    02-16-09 11:09 PM
    Thank you once again to your valued advice. I will check about the phone number once I come back home today and will let you know.

I have also asked my Canadian friend to get in touch with RIM HQ in Canada to see whether they can help me out on this.

It is so terrifying to me because I have been wait for this device for quite some time and I expect to activate my pushmail feature for immediate usage.

I also found that there is not any Service Book installed to my device, and as earlier informed, the edge is in small letter.

I am not too sure but whether the edge will become EDGE, and Service Book will be installed to my Storm in case I can lift off/release PIN, and after I re-register my deivce with local carrier's BIS?
    02-16-09 11:40 PM
    I think I can help get your pin unlocked. I sell storms all over the world and have had to get some released. I need you to pm me with your email address.
    02-16-09 11:41 PM
    After you get the pin released, you should be able to request your service books without any issue.
    02-16-09 11:43 PM
    I think I can help get your pin unlocked. I sell storms all over and have had to get released. I need you to pm me with your email address.
    02-17-09 12:08 AM
    Hi,

You are so kind for offering this help. I will PM you my PIN/IMEI right away.

However, the PM will just allow if I have 10+ posts, so I will repeat this posts just to have it counted to 10.
    02-17-09 12:20 AM
    6th post....
    02-17-09 12:25 AM
    7th post.....
    02-17-09 12:25 AM
    8th post......
    02-17-09 12:26 AM
    9th post......
    02-17-09 12:26 AM
    10th post and I hope I can now make a PM ....
    02-17-09 12:27 AM
    I think I can help get your pin unlocked. I sell storms all over and have had to get released. I need you to pm me with your email address.

I have already PM you for Pin/IMEI already. I hope you can help me to work out on this. The seller who I bought this Storm seems not too much familiar with the BIS/BES and what he has tried to help me on this issue has come to the dead-end.

I keep looking into my dead BB Storm everyday and just can't think how it gonna be without Pin/Imei lift off.

Thank you in advance for your help for this time. Please keep me posted for the progress by return.....

Cheers !!!
    02-17-09 12:32 AM
    hi,
    me too facing the same problem...bought it from ebay n really need help to lift off d device pin so i can use it with my current provider. i already hv a BB plan so i thought when d device is unlocked n i can simply insert my sim and activated it on my current provider. my first tought is d device still locked but i can use my sim n everything like call n sms works fine but when i try to register my pin on BIS, it stated that - "This Blackberry i registered with a different service provider, please re-register this blackberry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider". so i hope if anyone can help me. TQ.

Ngreen,
    i will PM u as soon i reach to 10th posts. TQVM.

02-18-09 12:53 AM
    Try going to your carriers BIS site on your native blackberry browser and entering your info from there.
    02-18-09 02:32 AM
    Hello everybody,

I found this forum would be much help to my present problem with my new Storm in view of Create New Account with the BIS.

I stay in Thailand and I just bought a BB Storm last week and get it back to use in my country. This is my first Blackberry device I have ever owned. This Storm was originally Verizon's.

The US seller assured to me that this Storm is Brand New, completely Unlocked, and ready to be used with any GSM carrier in my country.

Well, this Storm is okay and I can make/receive calls, send/receive sms. However, the edge sign still show in small letter. Hence mms cannot be used until now.

Major problem I am facing is that everytime I attempt to create my new BIS account at my local carrier's RIM website, there will always be the atert shows that my Storm's pin/imei has already registered with another carrier.

I have contacted the seller to find out what is going on with this Storm but he has insisted that this device is brand new and has never been registered to the BIS. I even asked him to contact to the local Verizon's operator asking whether they can release my pin/imei but the result came out negative.

On top, my local operator could not help me on this since they claim that I got to ask Verizon to do this on my behalf.

I am so much desperate since I have been trying so many ways, including write email to BB asking for their help.

My question is that how can I make my pin/imei lift off from Verizon/BIS so that I will be able to create my new account with the local carrier.

I am in an urgent need to use the BB's pushmail, as well as, all other EDGE's features.

Anyone in this forum can help me out on this?
    When the pin is saying that it's already in use it means that the relay never picked up the change on the device. Have you already done the "register now" in options/advanced options/ host routing table/ menu key/ register now?

(if the above does not work, and you had it on the BIS with Verizon Wireless in the US....you can call tech support and have a rep remove the account in the BIS admin tool.) If that doesn't work call RIM
    Last edited by rgntech07; 02-18-09 at 02:35 AM.
    02-18-09 02:32 AM
    hi,
    i am facing the same problem too. i cant do HRT bcoz theres must be a list on it before u can register to the network. the list will be download automatically by your device when connected to the specify network with your blackberry sim.
    TQ.

When the pin is saying that it's already in use it means that the relay never picked up the change on the device. Have you already done the "register now" in options/advanced options/ host routing table/ menu key/ register now?

(if the above does not work, and you had it on the BIS with Verizon Wireless in the US....you can call tech support and have a rep remove the account in the BIS admin tool.) If that doesn't work call RIM
    02-18-09 03:54 AM
    Dear rgntech07 - I tried following your advice and nothing happen and the edge still show in small letter. Anyway, thank you so much for your kindness in advicing me on this method.

By the way, I have contacted RIM and I have got a nice respond from their customer serviec like below;

QUOTED
    ======

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry.

Your first point of contact for this issue should be your wireless carrier where you purchased the BlackBerry. They should be able to help you in getting this technical issue resolved. If they are unable to assist please ask them for a ticket number which you will input when you call our customer care line at 877-255-2377 and select option 3. If you have an existing T Support active with us please choose option 2. They should be able to help you out with that issue or you can email [email protected] Have a great day!

UNQUOTED
    ========

Unfortunately the US seller has disappeared from me for few day and I don't think he is capable to help me out on above.

Now I am relying on ngreen who might be able to help me to lift off my pin/imei from BES/BIS.

Sad to say that I have been watching my Storm for almost 2 weeks imaging how my life would be easier by walk away from my PC for the email purpose.

Pray for me...
    02-18-09 10:44 AM
    kebuyah...by the way...I wish you luck on your BB.

ngreen sounds to be a nice & knowledgable guy. Mostly importantly he talks in BB langauge.

Keep us posted for the progress on your probem...
    02-18-09 10:52 AM
    Call your provider i had the same problem yesterday and they reset it for me
    02-18-09 11:22 AM
    Call your provider i had the same problem yesterday and they reset it for me
    My carrier in Thailand cannot do anything for me to lift off the pin/imei. I talked to them so many times, with either normal Customer Support and System Engineer, result came out that I have to contact the US seller who can get to Verizon to resolve this problem.

And as I said, the US seller has now disappeared from me for few day leaving me in the dark.

Shame to tell you guys that I just use the Storm for basic phone calls, and sms. Nothing more than these.

It's sad but I still don't give up... Maybe I will hear from ngreen tonight for the good news that he can lift off my pin... Waitng can kill, now I know this truely...
    02-18-09 11:30 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD