Hi everybody,

I have bought a BB 9500 in Ireland (under a Vodafone Irl. contract) which work perfectly with Vodafone SIm Irish card.
    Because sometimes i have to be in Portugal more than 3 weeks. I ask to Vodafone Ireland to unlock the phone, to be possible to me use a Vodafone Portuguese SIM Card. Which they did. The problem that i have know is when i use the Portuguese SIM Card, i receive and make calls but when i try to setup e-mails give me always error messages.

In the diagnostic says:

BlackBerry Registration: Yes
    Connect to Blackberry: No
    BlackBerry PIN-PIN: Abort

I hope somebody can let me know what i should do...
    Sorry for my english by the way...

Many thanks,
    Eduardo Miguel Pegado
    04-15-09 05:40 PM
    Hi everybody,

I have bought a BB 9500 in Ireland (under a Vodafone Irl. contract) which work perfectly with Vodafone SIm Irish card.
    Because sometimes i have to be in Portugal more than 3 weeks. I ask to Vodafone Ireland to unlock the phone, to be possible to me use a Vodafone Portuguese SIM Card. Which they did. The problem that i have know is when i use the Portuguese SIM Card, i receive and make calls but when i try to setup e-mails give me always error messages.

In the diagnostic says:

BlackBerry Registration: Yes
    Connect to Blackberry: No
    BlackBerry PIN-PIN: Abort

I hope somebody can let me know what i should do...
    Sorry for my english by the way...

Many thanks,
    Eduardo Miguel Pegado
    Hello Eduardo and welcome to CrackBerry! To use your Storm 9500 on any carrier other than what the device is registered to, you will need to have the device unlocked. Sometimes you can get the carrier to provide you the unlock code. Most people use a 3rd party who specializes in unlocking to get the job done.
    In regards to emails, it's not going to be possible for you to receive emails unless the Portuguese carrier would have to have to carry BlackBerry's and you would need to load their service books onto your device in order for you to receive emails and browse the net. Which I believe is not possible. If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to post again and we will address them. Thanks.
    04-15-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD