Phone: BB STORM
    Situation: Had Storm on Alltel network, switched over to VZW, and my phone is listed at VZW as a Curve.
    Other info: Also in QPST Configuration, under PPP Configuration Screen my UserID is my phone [email protected] I'm sure this needs to be at VZW

Heres my problem. I can't get MY VERIZON app to work.. Each time I try to use it I get the error Your MDN could not be validated. Please try later.

I have an idea that when my provider switched from Alltel to VZW, the crap I did to get the storm to work on Alltel is preventing me from doing everything properly on the VZW network. Thanks for any help in advance.

What would the proper addy be?

Like when I go into the ##000000 Screen the SIP and MIP User ID is [email protected] I know it should be something at VZW.net
    Last edited by jeff0r3; 11-17-09 at 03:24 PM.
    11-17-09 03:17 PM
    My SIP: (Your #number)@vzw3g.com

To change your device list, log onto verizon from your home computer and log into your personal account. Go to the support tab and on the right select "choose a different phone". On the left you will see drop down menus that should let you choose the right phone.
    11-17-09 03:31 PM
    Thanks for the help Thanontos, I tried to update it on the Support tab yet it keeps going back to the Pearl 8130A. I Tried updating the SIP using QPST and it keeps giving me a error. I wish I could figure this out because it really makes no sense why it is keeping the bb.alltel.com info in it.
    11-17-09 03:42 PM
    Thanks for the help Thanontos, I tried to update it on the Support tab yet it keeps going back to the Pearl 8130A. I Tried updating the SIP using QPST and it keeps giving me a error. I wish I could figure this out because it really makes no sense why it is keeping the bb.alltel.com info in it.
    You could try wiping the OS and putting it back on to let you change the SIP. It may send the correct service books too?
    11-17-09 03:59 PM
    Now I need to figure out how to wipe the OS
    11-17-09 04:02 PM
    No problem, you can google a program called BBSAK. When you run it you have your phone plugged in and you hit the button titled wipe OS, pretty straight forward. Just be sure you download an OS that you want to put back on your phone, AND backup all info through Desktop Manager FIRST. Once it is wiped use loader.exe, Desktop Manager, or BBSAK to install the new os.
    11-17-09 04:10 PM
    okie.. I did a wipe and did a OS install, I know it worked because I got the 507 screen after I Wiped Device. So anyways I do a Full Install with the newest OS and after hitting ##000000 It is showing SIP my#@bb.alltel.net I did a *228 and for some reason it is still showing the alltel crap. My wifes Tour is showing her#@vzw3g.com. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    11-17-09 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD