hey guys i'm new to the whole blackberry thing as well as this site, just got my phone yesterday and having trouble with where to download the new software .99 also i do not know how to download the ringtones here on the site. I have hooked up my phone to the USB cord but when i click on download now i don't see where it will go onto my phone. Can someone help please? also can i put my downloaded songs onto the phone and make them my ringtones???

02-01-09 09:28 AM
    open the song list, highlight the song you want Hit the bb button and look for make a ringtone it works for me. I have saliva "click click BOOM" full song now as ringtone
    02-01-09 09:34 AM
    You can download .99 in the OS thread. Some advice though, if your a new BB user be careful upgrading to an unnofficial OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 09:36 AM
    why what is there to know about when i download it? also do i have to run the CD on my computer before i download stuff? where is the BB button?
    02-01-09 10:16 AM
    bump.................
    02-01-09 10:43 AM
    if you have questions like these, you may want to wait until an official update comes out....almost no chance of bricking the phone...just some friendly advice
    02-01-09 10:52 AM
    Don't download an unofficial version until you have gotten used to the phone.

I've never downloaded a leaked OS. I don't think it is advisable if you are unsure what you are doing.
    02-01-09 10:52 AM
    ok now what about downloading songs? do i have to put the CD in the computer so that it sees my 9530 as a spot to out songs? i have a lot of songs on my computer that i want to make ringtones but unsure how
    02-01-09 10:54 AM
    ok now what about downloading songs? do i have to put the CD in the computer so that it sees my 9530 as a spot to out songs? i have a lot of songs on my computer that i want to make ringtones but unsure how
    not really understanding what your saying here....but download and install blackberry media sync. it will let you import music straight from itunes onto your storm. you can then set them as ringtones from your storm.

btw, the blackberry button is the button with the blackberry logo on it. lol
    02-01-09 11:45 AM
    that helps me because that is what i am trying to do, but where do i download this blackberry media sync? in the box the phone came in, there are two CDs. Do i need to put the CDs in my computer before i start linking or syncing my phone with the computer/ sorry i am prob asking stupid questions that are simple for you guys but like i said i've never had a blackberry
    02-01-09 12:10 PM
    Yeah, you definitely dont want to touch any leaked OS. You barely know how to operate a PC.

Read your discs, you will see one that says "Desktop Manager"

Install that, then plug your USB in
    02-01-09 12:16 PM
    Moviemogul and the others recommending you learn how to use your phone and PC first, have a point. Read the following thread and decide if you really want that leaked OS:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bricked-storm-149616/
    02-01-09 01:01 PM
    In order to install a leaked OS, you need to know basics of how the main BB systems work, DM, installing programs on your PC, etc
    02-01-09 02:07 PM
    No. There is no question here. Do not upload the leaked OS. Just don't touch it. Learn how to use the device, BlackBerry Device Manager, and the other 93475 things listed around this site. The people here know what they're talking about. Seriously.

Also, learn to use the Search function of this forum. People will start to get annoyed rather fast if questions are asked that have been asked and answered several times before.

Just a friendly warning, honestly.
    02-01-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD