I just updated my Unlocked Verizon Storm 9530 to new OS 5.0.0328 after 2 weeks trying. after great help from BBstorm4me, I was able to complete upgrade. I installed my backup to reinstall my contacts but I now have no browser and the instructions of register now from the Advance options does not work!!! It stays blank. My phone is working with calls and text but no Internet? It was working fine prior to OS update. How do I get my Internet back and my Browser?

I see all these great post for those on At&T and Verizon, but no one is listing any info to those users that are not paying 100.00 + bucks a month! Im in California and am using Cricket paying only 45.00 per month with unlimited text, calls, and internet. I paid $75.00 for the BB 9530 and $30.00 to flash. I surely dont want to pay another 30.00 to re-flash the phone just to get the internet back that was working fine prior to OS upgrade. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
    01-25-10 12:34 PM
    You need the right service books on your Storm. Installing the OS deleted them. What did you do to get it working before? You won't need to re-flash it, but you do need service books for internet to work.
    01-25-10 12:54 PM
    When I originally had the phon flashed, the Internet was working fine. When I updated the OS, you are correct, it deleted whatever was there that allowed it to work. All of my contacts were gone so i siply loaded my Backup to reinstall them. When I did that, I assumed that installed all that was on the phone but it just installed the Contacts and messages. I have no clue.
    01-25-10 01:00 PM
    I see all these great post for those on At&T and Verizon, but no one is listing any info to those users that are not paying 100.00 + bucks a month! Im in California and am using Cricket paying only 45.00 per month with unlimited text, calls, and internet. I paid $75.00 for the BB 9530 and $30.00 to flash. I surely dont want to pay another 30.00 to re-flash the phone just to get the internet back that was working fine prior to OS upgrade. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
    Bummer.... Guess you found out why Cricket is cheaper. Either get a full service plan at $100 a month or plan to drop 30 bucks to reflash your phone (or don't plan to upgrade your OS). Sometimes you do get what you pay for Some good news, probably not too many OS updates coming out for 9530 - so you won't need to drop 30 clams for the reflash too often.
    01-25-10 05:07 PM
    Open dm. Goto backup then Advanced. Load your backup from the working before backup. Click on service books on the left. Click the right arrow and maybe it'll work. Other than that your going to have to find the service books. Ask the people you paid.
    01-25-10 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD