Going on a trip and taking some photo's with my Storms camera.

1. How do I set up an email list. I want to take a pic and send it out several email addresses.

2. Are there optimized settings for scenery?

3. Any other camera tips are appreciated.

Oh, I am on .75 not going to mess around with leakeds OS's.
    Last edited by Newport Viper; 05-19-09 at 11:35 AM.
    05-19-09 11:30 AM
    1. upload your pics to flickr (easiest)

2. not sure, i leave it on auto

3. make sure there's lots of light for indoor pics
    05-19-09 11:36 AM

1. How do I set up an email list. I want to take a pic and send it out several email addresses.

Which OS are you using? I'm on .75 and taking a photo in portrait and sending it, usually results in the recipient recieving the photo sideways. Might wanna use landscape to be safe. Just something to keep in mind...
    05-19-09 11:37 AM
    Well, good thing you are only taking scenery photos, lol

Tips: Hold the camera still for at least 10 seconds after you think you take the photo.

Make sure it auto focuses

Don't zoom in if you can help it...takes quality away from the photo

As far as an email list, just set e-mail up for your contacts and send a normal email
    05-19-09 11:41 AM

Hello.
    I would have to say that even though the storm has an ok camera... its not good enough for pics of importance... family, vacation.. and so on. I have had my storm for about 3 weeks now and have taken pics in all kinds of lighting.... its a bit slow. might do good in right sun.
    i guess this would apply to #3.
    good luck and hope you have a great trip.

Tim
    05-19-09 11:41 AM
    2 send 2 several contacts @ once set up group:

Contacts > menu > new group.
    05-19-09 12:08 PM
    Thx for the tips!

I am going to Europe for the summer.

I am taking a real camera too.

The Storm photo's are more of a "live" look where I ended up today kind of thing.....
    05-19-09 12:23 PM
    Look up how to geotag with the storm camera, pretty cool
    05-19-09 12:35 PM
    when you hold the phone sideways (landscape mode) with the buttons on the right side pictures will upload right side up.

i know you say you don't want to upgrade your os, but i think you should. it's really easy and safe and camera and video camera performance is drastically improved from .75. it's probably one of the biggest improvements i've experienced.
    05-19-09 01:03 PM
    The camera improvements are probably the most important feature for me with upgrading.

Has anyone done a good analysis on which builds camera takes the best pics? My .141 camera is nice and fast but seems to blur many pics too easily.

The .75 camera was absolutely horrible, almost made me take back the Storm when I first got it as I thought I was getting a much improved camera and my old LGVX9400's 1.3 MP camera took better faster pics more reliably and easily.
    05-19-09 01:15 PM
    Look up how to geotag with the storm camera, pretty cool
    OMG Thx! http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ge...photos-100907/
    05-19-09 01:37 PM
    when you hold the phone sideways (landscape mode) with the buttons on the right side pictures will upload right side up.

i know you say you don't want to upgrade your os, but i think you should. it's really easy and safe and camera and video camera performance is drastically improved from .75. it's probably one of the biggest improvements i've experienced.

I don't have the brains or the nuts to do this.

If I have a phone problem overseas I don't want to have a problem with Verizon because i modded the phone......
    05-19-09 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD