Figured we could use one main thread to discuss and post Storm accessories. When you find a good deal or product, post it here.

First thing I will be getting is the dock and skin! I'm thinking a black skin will look best. However, what pics I've seen with a skin has looked kinda weird.

Thanks peeps and have at it!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 08:06 AM
    BTW, I've never used a screen protector/cover before. Thinking about one for Storm. I've read pros and cons about'em though. Can't decide. If the corners are gonna peel up, I'm out on the screen cover!

11-13-08 08:12 AM
    Nice thread Pholey22!!!! This is going to be one I will always be on. I have an Otterbox for my 8830, and will DEF get for Storm. I plan on having the Storm for a while, and the cases are truely the best.
    11-13-08 08:28 AM
    Nice thread Pholey22!!!! This is going to be one I will always be on. I have an Otterbox for my 8830, and will DEF get for Storm. I plan on having the Storm for a while, and the cases are truely the best.
    I keep seeing people talking about Otterboxes. Can someone describe exactly what it is? Please excuse my newness...
    11-13-08 08:34 AM
    I will be getting:

Silicon Skin
    Dock to always stay on my nightstand
    Screen protector of some sort
    11-13-08 08:40 AM
    So does it not come with the dock that is shown in several pics with the storm in AlarmClock mode?
    11-13-08 08:43 AM
    BTW, I've never used a screen protector/cover before. Thinking about one for Storm. I've read pros and cons about'em though. Can't decide. If the corners are gonna peel up, I'm out on the screen cover!

I've used a screenprotector on my HTC Trinity, can't say I was happy with it.
    Screen became (even more) unreponsive, dirt was gathering around it (it didn't cover the complete screen, about 1mm was left uncovered), so no I will not be using it on my storm.
    11-13-08 08:45 AM
    no dock buy it separate i want a bigger battery a dock car charger screen protector
    11-13-08 08:46 AM
    I'm getting an invisible shield full-body, and hopefully a dock sometime when I can justify the cost after the phone :P
    11-13-08 08:47 AM
    11-13-08 08:49 AM
    i am hoping for a seidio holster

but also going to get a dock
    11-13-08 08:53 AM
    I've used a screenprotector on my HTC Trinity, can't say I was happy with it.
    Screen became (even more) unreponsive, dirt was gathering around it (it didn't cover the complete screen, about 1mm was left uncovered), so no I will not be using it on my storm.

See that's what I'm afraid of! And with the clicking action and so on, I don't see a screen cover staying put.
    11-13-08 08:57 AM
    Yes nice thread; I will be needing a cradle of course for when I use my VZ nav. Also plan on finding a nice classy leather case to impress the chicks.
    Along with a screen protector; maybe full body armor. Eventually the docking station. Also insurance......................
    11-13-08 09:04 AM
    To each his own but those are some ugly skins. IMO
    11-13-08 09:05 AM
    I'm thinking of a little midget to carry and care for my Storm!!

Sorry to all the little people.
    11-13-08 09:06 AM
    I keep seeing people talking about Otterboxes. Can someone describe exactly what it is? Please excuse my newness...
    Otterbox is kinda bulky don't you think?

I need something to help minimize the unwanted screen clicking while in pocket. Granted I will lock the screen but I want to minimize the number of times the screen is pushed while in my pocket....don't want to wear out the clicking function/feature.
    11-13-08 09:17 AM
    I want to minimize the number of times the screen is pushed while in my pocket....don't want to wear out the clicking function/feature.
    Thats what the 5 bucks a month insurance is for
    11-13-08 10:07 AM
    Thats what the 5 bucks a month insurance is for
    Speaking of which, I bet insurance is going to take a beatin' with this one!! The clicky screen and how long it will hold up has me a bit worried. But like you said, that's why we have insurance.
    11-13-08 10:11 AM
    I'm trying to decide which of the skins to get. Best Skins Ever, InvisibleShield, or Ghost Armor. From what *I've* read it seems that BSE is the best option. It has the best finish and they cut them better (plus they are cheaper).

I don't want anything to add size to the phone so I'll just be using the skin. I know that doesn't protect it from dropping it, but that's why I'll have insurance.

I think I would also get the cradle, but not immediately. I'm imaging it will be expensive.

I believe my wife has already ordered a Jawbone II for my birthday so I'll have that.

The only other thing I was thinking is something that would hold it on my belt if I wanted/needed. A nice pouch of some sort. Something that is made to fit the Storm and holds it in pretty well. Maybe a magnetic thing to hold it closed. Anyone have any ideas for good manufacturers of what I'm talking about?

I'm looking forward to hearing all the good ideas and options!
    11-13-08 10:22 AM
    I was hoping someone would recommend a good bluetooth (BT) headset. My wife always complains about my Moto H700 hearing road noise. I need one that sounds good to the people that I am talking with. Suggestions please!
    11-13-08 10:35 AM
    I was hoping someone would recommend a good bluetooth (BT) headset. My wife always complains about my Moto H700 hearing road noise. I need one that sounds good to the people that I am talking with. Suggestions please!
    I'd say you could find some good ones here at the CB store. There Kev, I gave you guys a plug. Where's my free Storm???
    11-13-08 10:55 AM
    jawbone is the best bluetooth

11-13-08 11:18 AM
    jawbone is the best bluetooth

From my experience I have to agree. I've had some Plantronics that weren't too bad.
    11-13-08 11:25 AM
    I've seen the dock pic with the time on it laying sideways, but is the dock used as a charging device and sync device too. don't know much about it, but it is something that i could definitely use for a traveling alarm clock.

One other thing that i don't know if it has been mentioned but that is the adequacy of the volume/vibrate on the Storm!!!! I have a work BB and its vibrate is ok and volume is so so. The 8830 was worse when I tried it for 30 days. Usually couldnt feel it vibrate in my pocket and the notifications were very low even set a max volume. Any thoughts from those who touched???
    11-13-08 11:44 AM
    Yea, i'm torn in between BSE, GA & IS also. I know GA and IS have videos of their products showing the toughness of their products, but not bse. So I think I'm gonna choose between GA & IS. Besides they supply you with the necessary tools to do the job right, bse doesn't. That's why the other two are more expensive.

Besides the skins, I'm gonna be getting:

*Docking Station
    *Car charger
    *Headphones (if not supplied)
    *Maybe a side holster (if it's not comfy in muh pants)
    *Extra battery (hopefully they have a bigger size)

11-13-08 11:46 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD