Here's my dilemma. I just got my pearl last year and I am planning on upgrading to the StOrM when it arrives, which will hopefully be soon. I am at least 12 months or less from the upgrade.

We are VIP and currently have 3 lines (2100 mins a month) on our account and have been with VZW for 10 years. Do you think I will have any problem getting this thing for the NE2 price??

Oh and also, as I write this there is a Storm commercial on the TV!!
    10-28-08 02:49 PM
    I mean you could always get a nice guy and make a deal, but more that likely tough crap like everyone else. But someone did say after a year you get some kind of a discount. Im in the same boat mine ends 07/09 so we shall see.
    10-28-08 02:53 PM
    hah..I just bought the LG Dare a few months ago..so I'm definitely in trouble. But I think we're going to be buying 2 Storms (both without NE2)..so we're gonna at least try to negotiate some sort of deal... Can't hurt to ask, right? .. worst case scenerio is they say no...
    10-28-08 02:58 PM
    assuming you are on a qualifying price plan, $49.99 or higher than you can use your early upgrade.

You get the 2yr price and a rebate. $20 fee to upgrade early.

VIPs get the $20 fee waived and get $50 towards the cost of the phone.
    10-28-08 02:59 PM
    if you are a year in and are the main holder of your phone whether on a single line or family line then you are eligible for an upgrade after each year for the contract price. the ne2 is an additional 100 off the contract price.
    10-28-08 02:59 PM
    my NE2 is up in May '09 and I called VZW yesterday about any possible discounts (and a way to get my NE2 early). CSR said no go on early NE2, but said my account (1 line, non-VIP, with emp discount) eligible for Annual Upgrade discounting....

maybe you are eligible for that???? dunno.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 03:04 PM
    Call a phone rep; I spoke with one last night.
    I am currently about 5 months away from my 1 every on since I am
    a VIP customer as well; the rep told me something about paying
    a $20.00 fee and then getting a 50.00 rebate and I could get the phone
    at a NE2 price.
    The bottome line is they want to sell these phones; and if you had that
    Curve for 12 mos. U should be able to get it. Just call a phone rep and let
    them tell you your options. They will work with u. Also when it is time to buy I recomend going to a coprporate store as well.
    They want the numbers; and you've been with tem 10yrs you will be fine....
    10-28-08 03:05 PM
    Yes, VZ may try to work with you. But dont be too pi$$ed with them, they cant let everybody upgrade every 6 months everytime something new and shiney comes out.

10-28-08 03:30 PM
    Yes, VZ may try to work with you. But dont be too pi$$ed with them, they cant let everybody upgrade every 6 months everytime something new and shiney comes out.

Agreed; they are in busness to make money. But I am thinking since there is a lot riding on this they are probably going to be a little more pliable. I would think because they want to keep the exclusivity and the only way to do that is with numbers.....................
    Every little bit helps
    10-28-08 03:38 PM
    Agreed; they are in busness to make money. But I am thinking since there is a lot riding on this they are probably going to be a little more pliable. I would think because they want to keep the exclusivity and the only way to do that is with numbers.....................
    Every little bit helps
    Oh, I'm not saying that we all shouldn't try to get the best out of them. Just that I don't care for people (I am NOT saying you) who think they are OWED something (like a new phone every 9 months) from verizon after they signed up.

Seriously though, I hope you have good luck with them.
    10-28-08 07:01 PM
    Why don'tcha just phone and ask or go into a store and ask. Easier than having a bunch of interneters guess @ how VW will deal with your situation. It's a free call, its free advice.
    -Rik
    10-28-08 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD