OK, this is driving me nuts. I tried to use the navigation last night in my car on the way home, just as a test, and had a big problem. Screen timing out.

Before i get BLASTED, let me explain. This is not related to the auto-dim or timeout, this is something I'm either missing entirely or i just need to fix with a re-install.

Problem: When using it for turn-by-turn the program gets GPS signal fine but as soon as i let it start navigating the darn screen goes black after about 3 seconds and then dims to off. I thought maybe my phone settings were doing it but i even tried to set those to 2 min backlight timeout and still nothing.

Unless the program is actively moving on the screen, i.e. changing something display-wise, then the screen thinks it's inactive and goes black then off. If i click, it will pop right back to the current navigation, arrow and all.

Am i going crazy?

My drive home is a straight shot for 7 miles on the HW, so while it just said 7 miles and was a static screen, it went black and then off. It will remain off until clicked, even if it switches to 6 miles remaining. But if it's counting down yds then it will stay active, as that is motion on the screen w/in the 2-3 second timeout.

Anyone else have this issue, or could you direct me to the fix/setting? Thanks in advance.
    12-10-08 09:04 AM
    There is a screen always on option in the menus. Search for a more detailed answer if you need it as this has been answered many times

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD