do u guys have a hard case on ur storm. My wife has a hard case on hers and she has the same issues when she is talking to people. I think if could be the way the hard case is cut to allow the mic to be exposed but the case still impeds the voice at the angle the phone is being held. It is almost like your voice has to do the magic luggy thing from seinfeld. It needs to go past the mic and do a 180 and come back into the mic. Try angling the top of the phone away from your ear a bit to change the pitch of the phone mic to your mouth. If that resolves the problem, then it are those cases causing all these issues. Keep me in touch if this helps fix it.
    02-22-09 10:07 AM
    I have the rubber case from VZW. I also pulled the case off before turning on the speaker phone and that did not matter.
    02-22-09 10:09 AM
    I have had the same issue with my storm. At first I suspected the silicon case after a completly botched call where I discovered I had put the case on backwards. That was dumb. I have a Bluetooth , but that is not a practical solution for me. I am left with the problem of loving the storm but really missing my old Motorola phone. Does any one know if it is possible for me to reactivate my old Motorola just as a phone while also keepin the storm on Verizon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 11:36 AM
    When this happened to me I thought it was a signal issue, as it was marginal.

It happened again with a strong signal, but I then thought maybe I was covering the mic. This happened to me yesterday and I verified that I was not covering the mic. I also tried to put it on speaker phone and the caller could not hear me.

Is everyone thinking the issue is the firmware not the hardware?
    this continues to plague my storm experience. on my second storm (I got verizon to swap it for the same issue), during mid conversation the mic will just DIE. Noone can hear me, I can hear them fine though. Goto speaker phone, they still can't hear me. This has ruined my experience. Bluetooth is fine but I bought the damn phone to talk on it, not use a ear piece all the time. I've tried different OS versions, it still does it. It has to be the active cancellation, if I move the phone past my face or something loud happens (Door slam, etc) it seems to trigger it. Highly irritated, if storm 2 doesn't resolve this for me I may be forced with getting a tour or some other blackberry device. tired of this POS.
    08-19-09 07:25 AM
    +1 to the finger over the mic haha
    08-19-09 07:43 AM
    well guys, heres my 2pence- i have had the 8900 and now the 9000 in the space of 2 weeks, speaking normally is fine-only when going to speakerphone then people say i fade in and out and cant hear me- i dont use a case or hold the phone- any suggestions???
    09-27-09 06:55 AM
    Some people have also reported good results with using the "treble boost."

Green call button--blackberry button--options--general options--enhance handset call audio--boost treble.

I have it selected on mine, but haven't noticed much of a difference. Some others have claimed it helped a bunch, so who knows.

*there is also a setting in the phone options for "enhanced audio," but I really don't know what it does and always left it set to off.
    09-27-09 01:09 PM
    I was wondering if anybody had heard anything else about this? I had the original enV and people were saying I would cut out all the time, so we went and got a new phone, I had the Blackberry Curve 8330, same thing. Now I have the motorola Droid, and I still have the problem. My husband thinks my voice activates the noise filter, but I would really like this problem fixed. I have not called the verizon store. Wearing a bluetooth does not always help the problem. It doesn't matter how many bars of service I have or if I'm in a building or outside. It's very FRUSTRATING!!! Thanks in advance!
    02-09-10 01:18 PM
    Some people have also reported good results with using the "treble boost."

Green call button--blackberry button--options--general options--enhance handset call audio--boost treble.

I have it selected on mine, but haven't noticed much of a difference. Some others have claimed it helped a bunch, so who knows.

*there is also a setting in the phone options for "enhanced audio," but I really don't know what it does and always left it set to off.
    Thank you, seemed to totally solve my problem...to top it my mine was set to boost bass... must have been playin with it half asleep one night l0l
    06-06-10 08:38 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD