My screen has a bad click around the sides and she kept telling me I needed to update my software. I told her it was hardware and that wouldn't fix it.Then when I showed her that the display clicked much better she said mine had no problem because the buttons were lighting up. This woman was a moron. So should I call verizon to try to get it replaced? Thanks for the help.

This post has gotten a lot of negative responses that I was not looking for. I was typing this on my defected storm, which was difficult, and I just wanted to express my feelings in a simple way. I know I could have used some different adjectives, but I was considerate in the store and couldn't be like that any longer. I was not trying to be mean or anything. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by stormaddict13; 03-15-09 at 02:34 PM.
    03-12-09 07:07 PM
    YOUR verizon rep was stupid? most of them are. your not the first and def not last
    03-12-09 07:10 PM
    do you really need to post on here asking someone to tell you to do that are you that much of a mindless drone?
    03-12-09 07:11 PM
    Ha ha you know what is so friggin funny if you knew it was hardware why didn't you call for the replacement to begin with seems like your the moron......

I am just sayin........
    03-12-09 07:14 PM
    Well guys, I don't think that there is any need for name calling. He was just venting......no need to call him a moron.

03-12-09 07:24 PM
    Well guys, I don't think that there is any need for name calling. He was just venting......no need to call him a moron.

agreed....
    03-12-09 07:25 PM
    I know a tad off topic but still related to dumb reps i was at 2 diff verizons earlier in the day (not today couple days ago) was looking at the curve they both said you should hold off and get the new blackberry coming out in may (one just said bold i knew what he meant) went to another verizon and asked hey any news on the new blackberry coming out? and he acted like i wasn't suppose to know about it and continued to act like nothing else was coming out
    03-12-09 07:27 PM
    This woman was a moron.
    Even though the OP was just "venting", I believe that the words used about his intellect would feel no different to the Verizon rep if she were to read it here.
    03-12-09 07:28 PM
    Even though the OP was just "venting", I believe that the words used about his intellect would feel no different to the Verizon rep if she were to read it here.
    I was just making a quick post. I don't waste my time trying to think of proper and intellectual words to put into my crackberry posts. By the way I am in all honors and AP courses in high school, so if I wanted to I could write an "intellectual" post I could. You can just calm down now buddy. I was just making a post.
    03-12-09 07:41 PM
    Ha ha you know what is so friggin funny if you knew it was hardware why didn't you call for the replacement to begin with seems like your the moron......

I am just sayin........
    I just thought it would be easier to deal with them at the store instead of calling. I don't understand why you would put "if you knew it was hardware why didn't you call for the replacement to begin with" because they can replace it at the store for hardware issues too.
    03-12-09 07:43 PM
    I was just making a quick post. I don't waste my time trying to think of proper and intellectual words to put into my crackberry posts. By the way I am in all honors and AP courses in high school, so if I wanted to I could write an "intellectual" post I could. You can just calm down now buddy. I was just making a post.
    You should have posted it in Rants if you are so smart

I've seen plenty of dumb AP/Honor Students.
    03-12-09 07:43 PM
    do you really need to post on here asking someone to tell you to do that are you that much of a mindless drone?
    I was wondering if my luck would be any different by calling them. I have never tried it and wasn't quite sure. I am positive that you don't know everything either.
    03-12-09 07:45 PM
    You should have posted it in Rants if you are so smart

I've seen plenty of dumb AP/Honor Students.
    Sorry I'm not that familiar with making posts. I didn't know that it mattered where you made the post. I also know dumb AP/honors students. I was just trying to say I'm not stupid, and I just wanted to share my experience.
    03-12-09 07:50 PM
    YOUR verizon rep was stupid? most of them are. your not the first and def not last
    My Verizon rep is FABulously awesome!
    03-12-09 07:57 PM

Thanks for understanding.
    03-12-09 07:58 PM
    Kind of sad an honors student would need to "think OF proper and intellectual words." I think IN proper and intellectual words...

Not trying to be mean, just commenting on the shameful degradation of communication in our society, which apparently has different standards for a quick message board post and one which is more formal.

I am also one of those jacka$$es who uses nearly the entire 160 characters in each text I send. That probably explains why I don't send nearly as many as some people I know...one of whom will respond to an inquiry with a single word. One of his texts contained the singular answer of "k."

03-12-09 07:59 PM
    Kind of sad an honors student would need to "think OF proper and intellectual words." I think IN proper and intellectual words...

Not trying to be mean, just commenting on the shameful degradation of communication in our society, which apparently has different standards for a quick message board post and one which is more formal.

I am also one of those jacka$$es who uses nearly the entire 160 characters in each text I send. That probably explains why I don't send nearly as many as some people I know...one of whom will respond to an inquiry with a single word. One of his texts contained the singular answer of "k."

It's too bad that "I think in proper and intellectual words" doesn't make any sense. If you are going to try to make fun of me then do it right.
    03-12-09 08:03 PM
    Wow, what�s with everyone? The OP posted a question and thanked you for a response; he got nothing in return but a bunch of BS.

Stormaddict: Based on my 43 years of life, yes, call Verizon directly or go back to the store and ask to speak to a manager. If you are on your parents plan you may need one of them with you at the store. Good Luck.
    03-12-09 08:06 PM
    My screen has a bad click around the sides and she kept telling me I needed to update my software. I told her it was hardware and that wouldn't fix it.Then when I showed her that the display clicked much better she said mine had no problem because the buttons were lighting up. This woman was a moron. So should I call verizon to try to get it replaced? Thanks for the help.

Its not her fault. They are REQUIRED to tell you to system wipe your phone before it can be replaced. Same thing happened to me, had clicking problem with mine. She told me to do a wipe, I kind of argued with her about it till she finally told me that its a requirement before they can send another.

03-12-09 08:07 PM
    Its not her fault. They are REQUIRED to tell you to system wipe your phone before it can be replaced. Same thing happened to me, had clicking problem with mine. She told me to do a wipe, I kind of argued with her about it till she finally told me that its a requirement before they can send another.

She wasn't saying I needed to wipe it. She said I needed to get an OTA update to fix it. I don't think she understood what I was saying at all.
    03-12-09 08:09 PM
    Yeah I know they just are no help at all.
    03-12-09 08:13 PM
    bum bum bum
    03-12-09 08:21 PM
    i'm so glad i quit working there when i did. they do some pretty interesting stuff, their training is outstanding, but they hire fu*cktards! it's sad when i was one of the smartest CSR reps. i had ZERO experience in anything like that when i started, and ended up facilitating labs to share my info and knowledge with my peers, coaching new hires, etc. they'd ask me a question, and i'd ask them what steps they've taken so far, and they'd stare at me like i asked them a calculus question in arabic or something. its too bad, if they were more picky about the kind of people they let in, they would most definately DOMINATE, not just lead, all of the surveys and polls.
    03-12-09 08:27 PM

But it's OK for the person you are defending to call the rep a moron? Double standard???

I am a supervisor of front-line employees that work in the telecommunications industry. Most of the front-line employees have a specific job to do, and most of the times it is to tow the company line. However, it is not OK to call them names. They work hard at what they do, and whereas the rep should have escalated the OPs issue to their next tier of support, it is not acceptable to call that person a moron. I am sure a number of us here are in entry-level positions and would be incensed if a customer of yours called you a moron, no matter what their presumed level of incompentence they thought you possessed.

Give the reps a break for crying out loud. Instead of calling them morons, kindly move on to another rep.
    Last edited by Todd M; 03-12-09 at 08:51 PM.
    03-12-09 08:29 PM
    But it's OK for the person you are defending to call the rep a moron? Double standard???

I am a supervisor of front-line employees that work in the telecommunications industry. Most of the front-line employees have a specific job to do, and most of the times it is to tow the company line. However, it is not OK to call them names. They work hard at what they do, and whereas the rep should have escalated the OPs issue to their next tier of support, it is not acceptable to call that person a moron. I am sure a number of us here are in entry-level positions and would be incensed if a customer of yours called you a moron, no matter what their presumed level of icompentence they thought you possessed.

Give the reps a break for crying out loud. Instead of calling them morons, kindly move on to another rep.
    I was just mad because she wouldn't listen to me.
    03-12-09 08:33 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD