Aye can u please help me! For some reason my Blackberry Storm 9530 does want to charge up anymore. It was working fine for most the day, and now suddenly it act like it doesn't want to charge and my home and car charger both work perfectly fine. Every time I plug my charger into my Storm the clock pops up like it does every time I plug it up to get charged but it doesn't gain any power. I have tried several battery pulls and reboots but it just doesn't want to charge up. Do anybody know a solution to this problem?
    08-27-09 03:06 PM
    I have this same issue in my place . Try another wall plug

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 03:19 PM
    Bad battery? Or did u let it run low so it's having trouble/taking a long time charging? U may need 2 not interrupt process for a few hrs.
    08-27-09 03:33 PM
    I have also had a similar charging problem when the battery gets hot. When I'm in the car, unplugging the phone from the car charger, holding the Storm up to the A/C vent to cool it down, and then plugging it back in usually results in the battery taking a charge.
    08-27-09 05:15 PM
    Thanks it turned that my storm was hot from the heat. Once I got it in a cooler area it started to charge back up.
    08-28-09 12:35 AM
    You're lucky, bec. mine doesn't charge even when is cold. I started having this problem since upgraded to 151, and many people experiencing the same.
    08-28-09 01:25 AM
    My storm want brains.

08-28-09 02:38 AM
    mine won't charge with this generic charger I bought, I'll check with the original charger later...

--it's just the generic charger.
    Last edited by anymanusa; 08-29-09 at 03:36 AM.
    08-28-09 04:23 AM
    Ok Ive Tried All The Above Does Anyone Have Any Other Ideas. Ive Already Poped The Battery Out And Turned It Off And Still Not Charging ...
    09-23-09 02:51 PM
    Get a new battery

09-23-09 03:31 PM
    Try turning the radio off while its charging. I don't know if its an official tip or trick but it works.
    If my battery gets to around 20% I have a hard time getting it to charge and that's my fix. The trick is not letting it get below about 50%.
    Good luck and hope it helps.
    09-23-09 04:20 PM
    Clean the contacts?????
    Wife had this issue.
    09-23-09 07:23 PM
    Make sure the contacts are not bent or misaligned both at the battery and in the USB plug
    09-23-09 07:40 PM
    Oddly enough, I had this problem right after I upgraded the OS on my phone from .75 to .141. For as long as I ran .141 I had this exact issue. I'd plug the phone, clock would come on but battery would not gain a charge, it would just maintain whatever charge it had at the time I connected it to the charger. I bought two more batteries and 2 OEM chargers and it would still do it from time to time. The issue was sporadic but frequent.

Something that would work was for me to plug the phone, unplug it, and plug it back. It seemed to always charge if I did this. I always suspected the issue had to do with my software upgrade to .141 but thought maybe it was just a coincidence.

A few weeks back, I wiped the phone using BBSAK and upgraded the OS to .167 and believe it or not, the issue went away. I have not had this happen a single time since wiping and upgrading the phone.
    09-23-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD