I didnt change anything and it was working before. Anyone know what could have triggered this?
    12-26-08 06:59 AM
    Same here! I just stopped receiving my work mail through Enterprise but I am still getting persoanal mail on Comcast??
    12-26-08 07:10 AM
    Im only set up for personal mail. Seems strange why it would just crap out like that
    12-26-08 07:17 AM
    Goto your BIS website here: https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodauk

From here resend your service books, wait 20 minutes and see if your emails start to come through again. If they do not, I would suggest deleting all your email accounts on this web site, and redo them from there. After you remake them, wait 20-30 minutes for them to start coming through.

If still nothing after 20 or so minutes, dial *228 then press option 2 then let it program. Once it is done do a battery pull and see if your email is working.

EDIT: Did not realize that you were on Vodafone, changed the BIS link to Vodafone's instead of Verizon's. I'm not 100% sure that the *228 will work for Vodafone, if not you might want to call their tech support for that step.
    Last edited by dcoy82; 12-26-08 at 07:34 AM.
    12-26-08 07:32 AM
    Mine did this on Wednesday. Nothing all day long. Then I opened up the web browser, and all of a sudden all these emails from BIS and BES came flooding in. It was like the data service had turned itself off on the phone, and then when I fired up Browser, it turned itself back on. Very strange.
    12-26-08 07:33 AM
    I noticed I didn't have any email this morning either, maybe it's because of Christmas and nobody did any emailing? I'll have to look on my laptop and check it out.

Edit, no, I did get some on my laptop so I'll have to see why they didn't get pushed to my storm.
    Last edited by gordohigh; 12-26-08 at 07:50 AM. Reason: checked it out
    12-26-08 07:44 AM
    I stopped getting my emails all of a sudden about a week ago. I called Verizon (I am in N FL) and she had me ck to see if the "1XEV" in the upper R corner of screen was upper or lower case. It was lower case, so she had me turn it off, pull the battery out & wait 30 seconds, then put it back in and turn it back on. The letters in upper R corner turned to caps and the problem was fixed. She said lower case letters means you can receive phone calls, but no media. Upper case letters means you can receive media, too.
    12-26-08 08:04 AM
    I see there is a glut of this issue. My two personal emails are working just fine, but my school district email is not coming through at all. It is the main email I want to get, too. I would reset it up but I am away on vacation.. which makes this even worse, and I did not set the phone up with the info for that email account. How could I find out the settings my tech person used so I could redo the set up?
    12-30-08 06:34 AM
    Something else to consider, especially for those new to BB's is how the email system works. It actually goes through RIM / Blackberry, not your service provider. Although the do play a part, VZW has nothing to do with your email delivery other than providing the network...which is why any other POP email accounts or Gmail, Hotmail, etc will work even when a @vzw.blackberry.net won't.

It's not the phone...and those who have had BB's before as well as for work have been a part of a BES can attest to this. It happens, RIM occasionally has outages.
    12-30-08 06:46 AM
    MINE IS FIXED

I called vodafone and there was a problen with HOTMAIL users.... HOTMAIL reset their servers or something so i had to go to the mobileemail site and re enter my password.
    01-04-09 08:26 AM
    I have noticed the same problem, except I have the 1EXV in all caps, and still no email. I took out the battery, put it back in, and I got a facebook message and an email, but that's it so far, wonder if somehow the email software on the storm stops checking after a period of time for some reason? still confused as to why I am missing emails...
    01-08-09 08:45 AM
    maybe if the company bes server was down for a bit or something?
    01-08-09 09:16 AM
    Going into email setup, then pushing menu then service books might help to. If the service books somehow got deleted/messed up this could possibly help if you cant get to a computer to log onto BIS.
    01-08-09 09:28 AM
    ok, so I did the service books thing and it sent me a confirmation email to each account saying they were now "setup" and ready to use, etc, but i still am not getting all my messages. the ones i send from my work address are getting through, but the ones sent from places like facebook, other friends, etc, are not getting in, nor is the email coming in from bis.na.blackberry.com/html to help me recover my password for my vzw.blackberry.net address... so neither of my accounts is getting email, the att.net nor the zvw.blackberry.net...

i am randomly getting the red asterisk on each account button telling me i have a new message, but when i click the button i show no new messages.... ugh
    01-08-09 11:44 AM
    I made this simple mistake on my Storm and had the same problems you are having. One day I stopped receiving my yahoo email. I spent countless hours trying to figure it out, resending books, and taking out the battery. Low and behold, I had (somehow) set my FIREWALL to ENABLED. I disabled it and began to receive my emails.

Go to Options>Security Options>Firewall. If enabled, you will see how many messages have been blocked. If disabled, the blocked numbers should be zero (0).
    Last edited by mavrios; 12-02-09 at 05:22 PM.
    12-02-09 05:15 PM
    I'm definitely having issues as well. Went for at least two days with no hotmail messages coming through to phone. I went on the hotmail site on the phone browser and had dozens of messages. A couple of them started coming in tonight, but I'm still not confident it is all of them.

I did have firewall enabled, but even after I disabled it it was over a day before I started receiving messages.

Incidentally I sent a calendar invite to someone on the phone via my hotmail account, they got it and accepted and I got their acceptance no problem even when other emails weren't coming through. I was still getting facebook and BBM messages while the emails were down. Browser worked fine as well.
    12-02-09 10:07 PM
    I have a 9530 storm...I changed from service provider...
    What I've done so far...
    1-Checked with past provider, SIM is not locked
    2- My phone is unlocked
    3- Deleted and added my email accounts via the BIS
    4-Resent the adress books tons of times
    5- the host routing table config did it tons of times
    6- GPRS and EDGE are always in caps lock
    7-TONS of battery pulls after each one of the above and nothing
    8- Cannot acces the e-mail setup since it says "the application has encountered an error and cannot continue"

Believe me, I have a headache reading almost every thread on this and have not found anything useful...
    With my past service provider, it worked just fine...
    I can use msn messenger, facebook and bb messenger, just not the emails can't be sent or received...

Please help!!!
    02-01-10 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD