In the last few hours, my storm has been calling people in my phone book without me knowing. It's annoying.

Is there a way to fix this?

Edit: it isn't up against anything that would make it call someone, I am not touching it while it redials and I have done battery pulls with no avail.
    Last edited by goddess9; 04-16-09 at 09:06 AM.
    04-16-09 12:09 AM
    Take it outa your pocket... Or at least lock it so you don't **** dial =D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 12:17 AM
    It isn't in my pocket and it will take me to the dial screen all the time without my consent.

04-16-09 12:24 AM
    Replace user, press any key to continue.
    04-16-09 12:30 AM
    What? I'm serious. It has nothing to do with me- I didn't touch it and it wasn't in my pocket. It isn't waterdamaged.

I don't find it funny at all.

04-16-09 12:33 AM
    This thread made lol.
    U tried the battery pull?

04-16-09 12:33 AM
    Yes, but it keeps happening.

I don't appreciate the responses I've been getting. I'm not an *****.

04-16-09 12:34 AM
    Try a software upgrade/downgrade.
    I guess it's the BB equivalent of re-installing windows.
    04-16-09 12:43 AM
    Try a software upgrade/downgrade.
    I guess it's the BB equivalent of re-installing windows.
    Bump.

Thank you for the legitimate answer. I'm still running .75 since I don't have my USB cord, but I will upgrade when I get it soon enough. It's so weird that it calls people without me being a putz and not locking it/putting it in my bag/touching it. It reminds me of a ghost being in my phone.

Thank you again.
    04-16-09 07:17 AM
    Have you tried locking it?

04-16-09 08:33 AM
    Yes, locking will prevent random calls made without ur knowledge.
    04-16-09 08:35 AM
    This sounds to me like it could be a short in the send key. If the send key is hit twice it will redial the last number, if there is a short in the key and the phone is unlocked it could redial numbers randomly because of this. I would suggest taking your phone in for a replacement...might as well get a brand new storm for your trouble.

As for the initial posts, they were right to do so, first of all, their advice was the most logical first suggestions, and was presented in an entertaining way, and also there are many many morons who post similar issues on here.

This sounds like a hardware issue to me, not a software issue.
    04-16-09 08:46 AM
    Have you tried locking it?

Dude, have you even read my post? I know what the lock feature entails, and I know how to lock my phone.

Yes, locking will prevent random calls made without ur knowledge.
    I know this. I've known this for years.

This sounds to me like it could be a short in the send key. If the send key is hit twice it will redial the last number, if there is a short in the key and the phone is unlocked it could redial numbers randomly because of this. I would suggest taking your phone in for a replacement...might as well get a brand new storm for your trouble.

As for the initial posts, they were right to do so, first of all, their advice was the most logical first suggestions, and was presented in an entertaining way, and also there are many many morons who post similar issues on here.

This sounds like a hardware issue to me, not a software issue.
    Thank you for the response.

And I still don't appreciate the assumption that I was doing something dumb. I understand that there are posts that can be seen that way, but this is a legitimate problem I'm having.

I'll bring it over to the Verizon store if I continue to have the problem (which I haven't so far, but it's early in the day.) Thank you again.
    04-16-09 09:04 AM
    Weeeeird, is there any pattern to who it's calling?
    04-16-09 09:06 AM
    Weeeeird, is there any pattern to who it's calling?
    Yes, actually! It'll go into my phone book, select a name in the "A"s, and call them. ALOT.
    04-16-09 09:17 AM
    If you're within 30 days, swap it out. You'll get a new unit within your 30 day grace period... no questions asked.

And don't be so dense. Some of the posts on here are made in jest... if you can't take a joke, then perhaps you're in the wrong state of mind.
    04-16-09 09:29 AM
    If you're within 30 days, swap it out. You'll get a new unit within your 30 day grace period... no questions asked.

And don't be so dense. Some of the posts on here are made in jest... if you can't take a joke, then perhaps you're in the wrong state of mind.
    I'm not.

And I'm not being "dense", I just don't like assumptions being made. It's a frustrating situation and if it weren't, I might be a bit more easy-going.
    04-16-09 09:57 AM
    And I still don't appreciate the assumption that I was doing something dumb. I understand that there are posts that can be seen that way, but this is a legitimate problem I'm having.
    It seems to be a pretty fair assumption, since close to 100% of the time, phones do not "randomly" perform actions. In fact, very little if anything in a working electronic device is truly "random". Every effect has a cause, and the causes those posters suggested present the most commons solutions for almost all users' problems.

Have you ever observed the phone making a "random" call when it is just sitting on your desk?
    04-16-09 10:30 AM
    I'm not.

And I'm not being "dense", I just don't like assumptions being made. It's a frustrating situation and if it weren't, I might be a bit more easy-going.
    Hmmmm ... didn't see anywhere that a question has to be to answered without a little amusement, especially if the question sounds dense. Can't take the heat, don't ask the question!
    04-16-09 10:53 AM
    I would take it to you local Verizon store with a warranty Dept. and tell them the problem you are having. The may exchange it. Mine kept freezing up and I kept having to pull the battery and then it wouldnt re-start, etc. and they switched it out. I had the phone 4 months before it happened. It might be worth a try.
    04-16-09 12:05 PM
    Well to be fair goddess you never ever said in your posts if your phone actually continued to call people while the phone was actually locked! People need to provide detailed information to get a detailed response to their issue.

Obviously if your phone continues to call people while the phone is locked, its time to replace it.. Im sure your friends would appreciate it!
    Last edited by califjewls; 04-16-09 at 01:11 PM.
    04-16-09 12:41 PM
    well whatever the case, I just hope its being polite when talking to your friends.
    04-16-09 01:07 PM
    Yesterday I left my laptop on running Skye and called this girl 73 times. Left her blank messages til her mailbox was full and kept calling til I got back home. I thought she would never talk to me again. Lol this thread reminded me of that situation.

04-16-09 01:13 PM
    I kinda wonder what Verizon would say when you tried to explain the average charges..."I swear, my phone called people without me!" lol

But in all seriousness, maybe your talk button is sticking?

04-16-09 01:23 PM
    Lol. It has stopped but if it starts up again I will get a new one.

04-16-09 03:38 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD