Well, any advice will be gladly appreciated...

My storm has been working fine. No problems...until this morning...

Seems to be frozen, but not completely...when I touch an icon on the main screen, it will highlight it, but not open/respond when I click on it.

Phone calls, emails, and texts come in and notify but I can not answer the call or open the messages.

I've tried numerous battery pulls. I'm running on whatever the last "official" operating system update from Verizon (have not loaded any "beta" versions myself).

Any ideas? Have I locked something out...or is it just messed up?

Thanks for any input.

Greg
    08-05-09 03:42 PM
    try taking the battery out and let it sit there for awhile without the battery in the phone.
    08-05-09 04:27 PM
    My Storm was working fine Tuesday morning, and when I tried to use it on Tueday afternoon, it was like you described. I can't tell if it's the screen, or if it's locking up or running slow. At first it seemed to be that the phone was running REALLY slow, at that seemed to be causing the problems with the touch screen. I pulled the batt, and checked my app memory, I was running 29M which is typical for me after a pull, and so I thought that would fix the problems. But it still ran the same. I tried clearing and cleaning all the typical logs to free memory and pulled the battery again. At that point it was even worse. I couldn't get anything to register on the screen. I tried the other buttons, and had no issues with the back key or getting the menu to pull up. I can get to the call screen using the green button, but I can't use the screen to make a call or dial a number. So, since the hard buttons work, and as quick as usual, it doesn't seem to be a memory issue. The other thing I noticed is that some options seem to have more problems than others. I can pull up the menu using the BB button. I can select most items on the menu, but it will never highlight the close option. I can use my screen to type, but my spacebar button won't work. One other thing that started this morning....I was in my messeges and I tried to delete a message. I tried to press the delete button on the touch screen, and it highlighted the reply button two spots over. Everytime I tried to use the delete button, it would highlight reply inetead.

The last thing I added to my phone was the B/N reader about 10 days ago. I'm running the latest official from verizon.

Since I've been having issues for a couple of days, I did go to Verizon today to try to get some help. They were very nice, they cleared my activity log (and showed me how to do it) and it seemed to work better. But right after I left the store, it was back to the same. I'm heading back to Verizon tomorrow to try again.
    08-06-09 11:16 PM
    If you have recently loaded a program and it is the root of this lockup, you can remove the battery, hold the back/ESC button down, then reinstall the battery while still holding the button down, the phone will boot into a safemode. You can then remove the program that is causing the issue and then reboot.

Third party themes also seem to slow this phone down.
    08-06-09 11:57 PM
    Not as bad but also thismorning. Twitterberry wint worj, tried ubertwitter wint work. Pandora is sometimes working but frequent problems. Will lock on the call screen sometimes and bluetooth quit working for a few hrs. And I was getting facebook notifications for messeges that don't exist. Since about 6pm everything is back to normal except twitter still won't work.
    Running a .151/5.0 hybred

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 01:17 AM
    Not as bad but also thismorning. Twitterberry wint worj, tried ubertwitter wint work. Pandora is sometimes working but frequent problems. Will lock on the call screen sometimes and bluetooth quit working for a few hrs. And I was getting facebook notifications for messeges that don't exist. Since about 6pm everything is back to normal except twitter still won't work.
    Running a .151/5.0 hybred

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Have you done a battery pull? Also one of many reasons that I do not endorse hybrid os's.
    08-07-09 01:22 AM
    yes i did a batt pull, and still wasnt working right. this morning when i got up the phone was working perfect again. still not sure what it was,
    this was my first try with a hybred os i think i might go back to .151
    08-08-09 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD