I found this suggested fix on this site a while ago and it works very well for me. (BTW I am also on Telus)
    In landscape mode hit the blackberry button and select show keyboard
    Select numbers and hit "/"/ this will bring up the event log
    Hit Blackberry button and select clear event log
    I have been trying to do this daily and the only time (once) that I got a re-boot was when I did not clear the event log for 2 days
    Give it a try and let us know if it also works for you.
    01-31-09 12:43 PM
    upgrade to .90. i had mine at .76 and it would freeze constantly then upgraded to .86 and had to do a battery pull one every other day. upgraded to .90 yesterday and it is running faster than ever. only fault i find with .90 is the camera is useless so if you plan to take a ****ton of pics i wouldnt recommend it

camera issue on this .90 is that when you take pictures you hear click but it doesn't save, right?? cuz ever since I upgraded to .90 my camera doesn't save pictures.
    01-31-09 10:51 PM
    I had issues returning it today so going tomorrow but I upgraded to .90 just for fun, still didn't work then 2 hours ago it suddenly started working again. Camera works fine for me, saves pictures no problem I have no issues...
    01-31-09 11:33 PM
    Yahoo I finally got my phone swapped. This has been a nightmare. Went to buy the storm Tuesday they had system problems said they could only sell the curve come back next day (Telus is 45 mins from me because I have to go to the one my friend works at.) Next day is a blizard so I take hour long subway there to get it. Friday it dies, Saturday I drive back 45 mins to Telus but its so busy after 30 mins waiting I give up, go to the store near my house. Friend never gave me a receipt so they can't exchange it! Finally today was able to drive to Telus again since its near my work. Just got it exchanged.

Already its different, the menus actually fade in and out when you click things. Also my screen physically CLICKS when you press it down and if you shake the phone, the screen doesn't shake like my old one did. Lets hope it stays this way!
    02-02-09 10:49 AM
    I have the same problem. Took the SIM card out like others suggested. It's running faster and thought for two days it fixed the problem. BUT still doing it ... one or two re-boots a day. It may do it while on the phone or just sitting there. Quite aggravating.
    01-02-10 09:58 AM
    What's up guys, how's it going well I tell you what, right now I'm using smartphone that is supposed to get replaced, Yesterday storm had a big alnino ! Out of no where storm starts opening apps like a mad craze robotic} I was listening to viigo podcast and had opera mini beta 2 open, Not sure whether I should Blame those apps but could be since they are betas. This was the first time this has ever happen, I was started to understand peoples that have had similar isues like this, It was not just when pressing the escape button apps would go crazy but it would also turn off So I was like I had enough with this nonsense, I did battery pull and this son of the RIM did not want to reboot it would only turn red light for a blink and screen did want to turn on but the red light would come on again repeatedly.. Took out Battery again after couples of times this one was a success "K started up fine 1 min passed, Turned off again... Was like this for couple of hours..hardware failure " I thought” after I called tech, told issue, right a way scheduled a replacement, Alright so after activated LG dare I had Storm with the battery out for some hours, I decided to try it out so I did and rebooted started up nicely, I decided to activate storm again.. right now I'm using storm with no problems (Oh I forgot to mention I was trying to do Security Wipe when phone was turning off I did manage to wipe even though it turned off right when it was finishing wipe, got a chance to do so cuas when smartphone Started up it was wiped clean, so I did another Wipe just in case, everything is working La jet now I was like WoW Nice I made it thru Alnino eeee. I'm testing phone so far good.... Very happy, This phone is a survivor Baby "I live it"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 11:29 AM
    Ok this will be my first post.
    My problem is my storm's screen turns black than red led comes and a white screen comes on with a white one with writing on it and turns back off and reboots itself. It's done this three times now.
    Hope some one can help oh I am through verizon
    Thanks splax
    01-03-10 02:15 AM
    Ok this will be my first post.
    My problem is my storm's screen turns black than red led comes and a white screen comes on with a white one with writing on it and turns back off and reboots itself. It's done this three times now.
    Hope some one can help oh I am through verizon
    Thanks splax
    Did you try the steps listed here: BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    The timing is difficult to get exactly. You may have to try it a couple of times.
    01-03-10 06:05 AM
    [QUOTE
    The timing is difficult to get exactly. You may have to try it a couple of times.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the same symptoms. well it doesn't repeat itself over and over. It does it like every night about the same time. I wish I could read the writing on the screen but it goes by to quickley. The phone completly goes through the whole boot process just like I did a battery pull.
    If the mods want to move this for a new thread than please do
    Last edited by splax; 01-03-10 at 11:54 AM.
    01-03-10 11:49 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD