This happens to my Storm almost daily. Yesterday it happened while I was leaving a voicemail to someone. Unfortunately, since it froze while I was leaving the message, I could not end the call. My friend who received the message told me that there was about 3 minutes of "dead air" on my message.

I downloaded the update...still having problems. Any of you have this shut down/ freezing problem?
    12-18-08 09:44 AM
    That sucks! Ive heard a few others complaining about this, even after the upgrade. Most of them have sent their phones in for replacememnt.
    12-18-08 01:43 PM
    Sorry. If this keeps happening and a battery pull or a soft reset won't fix it - the problem is probably your device. I would look into sending it back for a replacement before your warranty runs out.
    12-18-08 01:48 PM
    On my 2nd storm and this was happening with my 1st one and now it has done it 3 times in 15 min. tonight.
    12-18-08 06:24 PM
    This is why I am waiting for the second generation of the storm. Good luck on your problems though.
    12-18-08 06:26 PM
    Oh crap. I'm scared I will be experiencing this soon.
    12-18-08 06:33 PM
    Mine has just stared freezing recently. But, I have to wait for tomorrow to even order my replacemnt b/c I'm on my friends account, which makes my bill about 40% cheaper, and their bill is past due. I've been making my portion of the bill on time every month, sometimes I pay a few months ahead to help out, but until they get it current I can't get a replacement and I only have 3 days left for the 30 day guarantee!
    Last edited by Tawnia Homar; 12-18-08 at 06:41 PM. Reason: typo
    12-18-08 06:41 PM
    Mine has just stared freezing recently. But, I have to wait for tomorrow to even order my replacemnt b/c I'm on my friends account, which makes my bill about 40% cheaper, and their bill is past due. I've been making my portion of the bill on time every month, sometimes I pay a few months ahead to help out, but until they get it current I can't get a replacement and I only have 3 days left for the 30 day guarantee!
    Thats a sticky situation.... im sorry.... i was on my ex g/f's account for a while and that was rough.... hopefully you get it done though.

Before all my updates i was having a couple minor freeze/reset issues but now i dont... im just waiting for a proper replacement so i can have a perfect storm
    12-18-08 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD