Get a T6 Torx key and loosen the 2 screws to the left and right of the SIM chip and memory card. Do not loosen them to the point they can fall out, just enough slack where the screen clicks better. This works better than the card trick. A RIM buddy told me to try this and it worked. Apparently, they come from the factory over-tightened.
    12-30-08 02:15 PM
    Get a T6 Torx key and loosen the 2 screws to the left and right of the SIM chip and memory card. Do not loosen them to the point they can fall out, just enough slack where the screen clicks better. This works better than the card trick. A RIM buddy told me to try this and it worked. Apparently, they come from the factory over-tightened.
    No dont do that. Instead, get a replacement now while you can walk into the store and have them hand you a new one. You should not be fixing this. It should work because thats what you paid for.
    I found even after the fix, you still have a defective device. Just go click a storm that doesnt need the screen fix and it is like night and day.
    12-30-08 02:19 PM
    No dont do that. Instead, get a replacement now while you can walk into the store and have them hand you a new one. You should not be fixing this. It should work because thats what you paid for.
    I found even after the fix, you still have a defective device. Just go click a storm that doesnt need the screen fix and it is like night and day.
    exactly... it's a lot of money... at least you should have a device that works. and even more so hardware-wise!
    12-30-08 02:22 PM

That works too if you can take your device back. Use your warranty. RIM should not have sold devices that were not ready for publuc use yet!

Unfortunately, my device is a RIM demo device so I don't have a choice but to fix it on my own!
    12-30-08 02:24 PM
    I had a fairly unresponsive screen, which always clicked, but not as well as I'd like. I tried the torx fix and it worked wonderfully for a couple weeks. I couldn't have been happier with it.

But now I have a new problem...

Randomly, the entire screen stops clicking COMPLETELY. The entire screen won't move up and down at all. Its almost like it gets jammed somehow and won't budge. By pressing it a few times and moving it from side to side, I can usually get it free in a couple seconds and then it works just fine for a while.

I brought it into a VZW store and demonstrated the problem pretty easily. I should have my new one by Friday.
    12-30-08 05:40 PM
    does anyone know if there has been a problem where the phone clicks very well at first, but over a period of time, from use obviously, the screen starts to not click anymore?
    12-30-08 08:11 PM
    I also very recently (in the last couple of days) noticed a "spongy, crackly" sound and feel on my screen that bothers me a great deal. I have searched high and low for a torx 6 driver/bit but have been unable to find one anywhere. Suggestions? I looked at ACE and Lowes hardware, but to no avail. I am very glad that a previous thread let us know that Verizon customers have until January 15th to return our devices if needed. I may be doing just that, if I can't fix my screen click.
    12-31-08 12:35 AM
    I also very recently (in the last couple of days) noticed a "spongy, crackly" sound and feel on my screen that bothers me a great deal. I have searched high and low for a torx 6 driver/bit but have been unable to find one anywhere. Suggestions? I looked at ACE and Lowes hardware, but to no avail. I am very glad that a previous thread let us know that Verizon customers have until January 15th to return our devices if needed. I may be doing just that, if I can't fix my screen click.
    Turning some screws or stuffing paper is not the way to fix a manufacturing/design defect. Get a replacement unit or units until it works correctly.

You signed up for a 2 year commitment and for that, you should get a handheld that works correctly and will last at least that long. Don't accept anything less.
    12-31-08 12:41 AM
    the buisness card trick has not worked for me
    12-31-08 01:00 AM
    Turning some screws or stuffing paper is not the way to fix a manufacturing/design defect. Get a replacement unit or units until it works correctly.

You signed up for a 2 year commitment and for that, you should get a handheld that works correctly and will last at least that long. Don't accept anything less.
    That would be fine if getting a replacement would always have good resuilts, but that isn't always the case. As many a post will show. A coworker of mine was on his 4th replacement.

1. Original = Click issue.
    2. Click stiff but ok, but washed out screen.
    3. Both click, and washed out screen.
    4. Click ok, but again washed out screen.

Word of mouth brought her to my desk at work. After the torx fix, the original worked as good as mine. She had told me all day she had felt defeated by the forth replacement, but now he could happily keep her original and return the replacement. For the last week this woman bought me a lunch twice, and I didn't even ask.

My point is not everybody's solution is the only solution, and just because one doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for others.
    That's why there are choices.
    Last edited by Jascias; 12-31-08 at 10:36 AM.
    12-31-08 02:00 AM
    I don't know, I dont want to screw the phone up because I love it. Yet I would just like that little issue to go away. It is the only issue I have with this phone and I dont want to get a refurb that sucks... Are there any other ways to do it without hurting my baby?
    12-31-08 01:27 PM
    I agree Megabit...I have used Palm products since they came out back in the mid 1990's and am considered to be the PDA guru at my place of employment. I tried a Centro for 30 days (prior to standing in line at 3:30 am on November 21st to get my BB Storm). Going back to the entry-level Centro is looking better all the time...
    Last edited by rrg; 12-31-08 at 01:33 PM.
    12-31-08 01:29 PM
    I had a fairly unresponsive screen, which always clicked, but not as well as I'd like. I tried the torx fix and it worked wonderfully for a couple weeks. I couldn't have been happier with it.

But now I have a new problem...

Randomly, the entire screen stops clicking COMPLETELY. The entire screen won't move up and down at all. Its almost like it gets jammed somehow and won't budge. By pressing it a few times and moving it from side to side, I can usually get it free in a couple seconds and then it works just fine for a while.

I brought it into a VZW store and demonstrated the problem pretty easily. I should have my new one by Friday.
    I had this problem when i put a LOT of paper behind the screen to try to fix it. this could be because the screws maybe tightened up randomly or they just came loose altogether. I sorta want hte fix to be full proof and be like it forever and ever....
    12-31-08 01:33 PM
    Check out the sticky in the Storm How-To forum. Theres also another sticky in the main 9500/9530 forum.
    12-31-08 01:36 PM
    I noticed that I have the same "problem". My screen clicks perfectly everywhere, except that it seems that in the bottom center, it does not press down as far as anywhere else.
    I does not hinder any performance or "clickablity" at all. It just doesnt press down as far as anywhere else.
    Now, this being a flaw is up for opinion I guess. Phone works fine.
    12-31-08 01:44 PM
    I thinkyou may just have dirt under your screen. That would definetly account for a softer clicking sound.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 01:45 PM
    I don't know, I dont want to screw the phone up because I love it. Yet I would just like that little issue to go away. It is the only issue I have with this phone and I dont want to get a refurb that sucks... Are there any other ways to do it without hurting my baby?
    In all honesty, I have that happen with mine and it still clicks and registers but is tougher then the rest of the screen. I dont see it as being a problem honestly. Good luck
    12-31-08 01:48 PM
    I noticed that I have the same "problem". My screen clicks perfectly everywhere, except that it seems that in the bottom center, it does not press down as far as anywhere else.
    I does not hinder any performance or "clickablity" at all. It just doesnt press down as far as anywhere else.
    The way I look at it is that the bottem of the screen is the bottem of the pone and has hardware that is built in the device to make it the way it is. Its probably a tad bit heaver at the bottem of the screen. So I can understand why that would be and its honestly not a problem for me.

I knew that when they come out with something like this, people will expect it to move perfectly on ever angle or way for it to be pushed. You have to understand how the phone is built and understand that hardware buttons are in that area and that could be a possiblility why its like that. Just my opinion.
    12-31-08 01:51 PM
    My storm used to click very well. It was a deep click similar to what the commercials sound like. Now the bottom left quarter of the screen does not produce a clean sounding click anymore. It is hard to describe, but it just isn't the same deep smooth click. Anyone else have anything similar occur?
    I noticed the same thing. The upper left corner started getting loose and I had to push harder to get it to click. I got a replacement and what a huge diffrence I just tuch the screen it clicks.
    Last edited by accce; 12-31-08 at 02:16 PM.
    12-31-08 02:12 PM
    mine is doing the same thing but it does not effect being able to use the device so its not that bad, at least for me.
    01-01-09 01:18 AM
    I had the same problem. The screen doesnt click as much near the bottom of the screen where the blackberry button and the back button are. I took the bacl cover off and loosened the 2 screws that are visible. Now, it works great. The screen clicks the same everywhere. I suggest if you are having the same problem I am, you give this a shot.
    01-01-09 05:05 PM
    Read the "ultimate click fix" that I posted. This will help.
    01-17-09 05:48 PM
    My storm used to click very well. It was a deep click similar to what the commercials sound like. Now the bottom left quarter of the screen does not produce a clean sounding click anymore. It is hard to describe, but it just isn't the same deep smooth click. Anyone else have anything similar occur?
    It could be just a bit of crap or dust or bellybutton fluff got in there. Try blowing it out via air pressure.
    01-17-09 06:55 PM
    There are many things you can do. My phones clicking and selecting quality has gone down with use. So I tried the paper trick and I didn't like it, so I a circular piece of double sided tape used for mounting pictures and such on walls and I placed it directly in the middle of the phone being sure to not touch the golden contacts. And to this day I'm still happy, clicks and its brand new and even better. Double sided tape or anything should work. I hope this helps!
    03-12-09 08:24 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD