I noticed yesterday after opening up my new BB Storm there was a small film on the bottom that had the Escape and Call Key on it. I peeled that off to notice there was a clear invis layer below that covering the whole screen. It had a small air bubble at the top in which I pushed out. Are these phones suppose to come with one? I know from past experiences none do, and I always throw one on for safety. Thoughts?
    12-21-08 10:31 AM
    I noticed yesterday after opening up my new BB Storm there was a small film on the bottom that had the Escape and Call Key on it. I peeled that off to notice there was a clear invis layer below that covering the whole screen. It had a small air bubble at the top in which I pushed out. Are these phones suppose to come with one? I know from past experiences none do, and I always throw one on for safety. Thoughts?
    Yes...sorry you're not special.
    12-21-08 10:32 AM
    Yeah, and I liked how thin it was so you could barely see it. I removed mine to install Ghost Armor, which I then took off since I like the phone bare. I now don't have any protection on my phone and it has worked just fine, with no visible scratches on my screen.
    12-21-08 10:36 AM
    Yes...sorry you're not special.
    Ha, my mom tells me I am. I just wanted make sure it wasnt a so called "re-furb" and they forget to take off the previous owners invishield. Cool so I am assuming no need to drop 15-20$ on a screen protector?
    12-21-08 10:37 AM
    Yeah, and I liked how thin it was so you could barely see it. I removed mine to install Ghost Armor, which I then took off since I like the phone bare. I now don't have any protection on my phone and it has worked just fine, with no visible scratches on my screen.
    Tyler Texas, rock on. Was listening to the Toadies last night, great song.
    12-21-08 10:39 AM
    Ha, my mom tells me I am. I just wanted make sure it wasnt a so called "re-furb" and they forget to take off the previous owners invishield. Cool so I am assuming no need to drop 15-20$ on a screen protector?
    That's my takeaway...I had one on my first one, took it off, got my new replacement, left it on.
    12-21-08 10:50 AM
    I use one I got from vzw and it works fine. I also use the silicon case. Works very well.
    12-21-08 10:53 AM
    I use one I got from vzw and it works fine. I also use the silicon case. Works very well.
    My silicon case tore yesterday after about 7 days of normal use...nothing rough or tough at all.
    12-21-08 10:57 AM
    I still got the one on there that stayed on it. It works good. No need to update it. You should always have something on there just to be safe. Specially if your me, that paid Full Retail at like 530 for the phone lol
    12-21-08 10:58 AM
    Ha, my mom tells me I am.
    she's wrong.....JK
    12-21-08 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD