My storm is acting crazy, not responding sometimes, bbm decided all of a sudden it wont update my avatars, decides when it wants to charge...look at this screen capture I took of the memory screen.

Obviously the phone doesnt have that much app memory, or else we would never complain it lags. Regardless my replacement comes Tues and then I had another issue and called later, after 2 hours on the phone with a rep n a supervisor I got an early upgrade to the storm2 and if that gives me issues off I go to the Tour.
    Oh ya and I am on my 5th Storm. I love the phone overall but so many little problems.
    Edit: I did not realize the application memory is in kb...thats not good at all! lol.
    Last edited by BB1334; 11-01-09 at 01:08 PM.
    11-01-09 12:42 PM
    Do ya ever do a battery pull? Also, are you using a theme? Uncompatible themes can create huge issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 12:59 PM
    One thing i noticed about your application memory is that thats in KB and its supposed to be in MB. My storm runs around 26MB. According to this your storm is running on 0.7MB which would essentially mean you have virtually no memory left. I think you have a memory leak somewhere on your phone weather it be from themes or a 3rd-party app.
    11-01-09 01:02 PM
    oh you are right i didnt notice it said kb. ya...well i deleted all my third party apps except a couple. Im not too concerned at this point since Ill have my storm2 on wed! I hope it great.

I do battery pulls a couple times a day, I have to change my battery twice a day because I use my phone so much.
    11-01-09 01:06 PM
    My phone is so terrible I've had it for two weeks and I swear it only does whatever the **** it feels like, whenever the **** it feels like doing it. I'm going to Verizon tomorrow to ditch this POS!

11-01-09 01:26 PM
    Ya I am starting to get over my phone, I love BlackBerry and I BBM all day, but I even considered an iPhone, that is how annoyed I was the other day.
    11-01-09 01:46 PM
    Ya I am starting to get over my phone, I love BlackBerry and I BBM all day, but I even considered an iPhone, that is how annoyed I was the other day.

The storm gets a lot of bad rep just because people don't know how to use it correctly. Its really a great phone if you know what your doing.
    11-01-09 01:52 PM
    My phone is so terrible I've had it for two weeks and I swear it only does whatever the **** it feels like, whenever the **** it feels like doing it. I'm going to Verizon tomorrow to ditch this POS!

Another case of user error!

I have had my Storm for a year and have probably complained and *****#d more than anyone, The phone was a mess. With 5.0 it still has a couple bugs and the SMS is a love / hate deal, but all in all it is pretty good now.
    11-01-09 01:52 PM
    My storm is acting crazy, not responding sometimes, bbm decided all of a sudden it wont update my avatars, decides when it wants to charge...look at this screen capture I took of the memory screen.

Obviously the phone doesnt have that much app memory, or else we would never complain it lags. Regardless my replacement comes Tues and then I had another issue and called later, after 2 hours on the phone with a rep n a supervisor I got an early upgrade to the storm2 and if that gives me issues off I go to the Tour.
    Oh ya and I am on my 5th Storm. I love the phone overall but so many little problems.
    Edit: I did not realize the application memory is in kb...thats not good at all! lol.

Ya, that is your problem right there, I have never seen a storm with such low App Memory.
    11-01-09 01:55 PM
    oh you are right i didnt notice it said kb. ya...well i deleted all my third party apps except a couple. Im not too concerned at this point since Ill have my storm2 on wed! I hope it great.

I do battery pulls a couple times a day, I have to change my battery twice a day because I use my phone so much.
    Thats your 5th Storm, and you didn't notice something as basic as your memory situation. I bet your Storm would be fine if you just educated yourself as to how to get the most from this phone. My Storm is 1 year old, original from launch date, and it works great. Little quirks hear or there but nothing major IMO.
    11-01-09 02:01 PM
    The storm gets a lot of bad rep just because people don't know how to use it correctly. Its really a great phone if you know what your doing.
    Thats your 5th Storm, and you didn't notice something as basic as your memory situation. I bet your Storm would be fine if you just educated yourself as to how to get the most from this phone. My Storm is 1 year old, original from launch date, and it works great. Little quirks hear or there but nothing major IMO.
    I definitely know how to use the phone and don't need to "educate" myself anymore. This isnt my first BlackBerry. You might be lucky to have an original launch date storm but you must be of few to be that lucky. I had the same original storm for 6months and that one the screen went bad and ever since then each refurbished unit I get just breaks down. This is not a case of user error here, it is the device.
    11-01-09 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD