Help please! I started out with.65, then I upgraded to the "leaked" version of the VZW .75. Yesterday, I upgraded again to the .76 from Bell. Did I go about this all wrong? Should I have "wiped" down to .65 and then go to the .75 or .76? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. (BTW...I did make back-ups each time I upgraded!)

Here is some other potentially important information aboput my BB: I am on BES. My current versions are v4.7.0.76 (Platform 4.0.0.96) Branding version 1.0.105.230. My BlackBerry was mfg. in Canada, and I DO have a screen click issue that i have resolved temporarily by taping a plastic credit card on top of my battery.

EDIT: My application memory is currently at 36.9MB; Device memory with 874.5MB free space. Media Card has 3.8 GB free space.When "Switching Applications" there are only the core system apps running. I am very careful to properly shut down all apps when done using them.

Any ideas on what I could do to improve my performance?

THANKS!!!
    Last edited by bkr6891; 12-10-08 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Update/correction
    12-10-08 05:45 PM
    You do not have to clean wipe a brand new device. If your having click issues just call and get a replacement
    12-10-08 05:52 PM
    I did exactly what you did. I never wiped the device or anything...just kept upgrading.
    12-10-08 05:56 PM
    Help please! I started out with.65, then I upgraded to the "leaked" version of the VZW .75. Yesterday, I upgraded again to the .76 from Bell. Did I go about this all wrong? Should I have "wiped" down to .65 and then go to the .75 or .76? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. (BTW...I did make back-ups each time I upgraded!)

Here is some other potentially important information aboput my BB: I am on BES. My current versions are v4.7.0.76 (Platform 4.0.0.96) Branding version 1.0.105.230. My BlackBerry was mfg. in Canada, and I DO have a screen click issue that i have resolved temporarily by taping a plastic credit card on top of my battery.

EDIT: My application memory is currently at 36.9MB; Device memory with 874.5MB free space. Media Card has 3.8 GB free space.When "Switching Applications" there are only the core system apps running. I am very careful to properly shut down all apps when done using them.

Any ideas on what I could do to improve my performance?

THANKS!!!
    Try using the memory cleaning app. Should free up system memory for you and improve performance.
    12-10-08 07:27 PM
    Others have reported similar, but if you have the Weatherbug app installed on your phone, it seems to cause a noticeable performance hit. After I removed it, I noticed that some of my more populated folders that were lagging when I tried to scroll, are now moving smoothly, and apps load faster, transitions are smoother... My battery life seems to have also improved, though I've only had it off for maybe an hour so it's too soon to say for sure on that one.

A lot of these beta apps may well slow your phone down a bit since the developers are probably working more on getting the app functioning properly before optimizing the code. It's just part of the price you pay for being an early adopter.
    12-10-08 07:36 PM
    The answer.

Promptly return your POS Storm. Get a Palm Treo.

I have 10 more days before mine gets returned. Typing sucks. Address/phone number address sucks. Battery life? non existent (won't even work when plugged in, with low battery).

Palm products were never so difficult.
    12-10-08 09:11 PM
    The answer.

Promptly return your POS Storm. Get a Palm Treo.

I have 10 more days before mine gets returned. Typing sucks. Address/phone number address sucks. Battery life? non existent (won't even work when plugged in, with low battery).

Palm products were never so difficult.
    Honestly, stop whining and just go back to whatever works for you. If I run across much more "Feel sorry for me because my cell phone doesn't work" self-pitying BS I'm going to have to start hoping someone tracks that person down and gives them a good beating. That way they have something LEGITIMATE to complain about.

If it doesn't work for you, go back to something that does. But please spare us the sob story about how you've suffered at the hands of the Storm, and whatever other narcissistic crap you want to throw in to try and elicit attention with. For the love of all the gods of past, present, and future, just SHUT UP. If you find yourself homeless or something of that sort, then I might be willing to feel a little sorry for you. But if your biggest problem in the world right now is that you're unhappy with your cell phone, it's real hard for anyone to give a gerbil's arse.

So one last time: If the Storm doesn't work for you, for whatever reason, don't tell us about it, go find something that DOES work for you so you can stop with all the narcissistic whining that's like a rusty nail on a chalkboard to everyone that isn't you.
    12-10-08 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD