My Storm will be sitting on the table or in the car and the screen will turn on by itself. Doesn't matter if my screen lock is on or not. Why does this happen? What can I do to fix it.
    02-13-09 09:40 PM
    My Storm will be sitting on the table or in the car and the screen will turn on by itself. Doesn't matter if my screen lock is on or not. Why does this happen? What can I do to fix it.
    Does it turn on and stay on or does it just turn on for a few seconds?

I am guessing it is either:

1. Glitch from one of the leaked OSs (that happened to me a few times)

or

2. When you get an e-mail / any update the screen pops on for some reason.
    02-13-09 09:44 PM
    What apps you running!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 10:18 PM
    Iam running the stock OS and I turned all my 3rd party apps off.
    Its killing my battery life tho. ???
    02-13-09 10:51 PM
    I have the same issue, though i'm running .103. The light turns back off after the timeout though, I kinda figured it was a 3rd party app or something.
    02-14-09 12:26 AM
    Do you guys have the youtube app? If so, make sure you close it properly otherwise it causes your screen to turn 'on' every min or so.
    02-14-09 12:43 AM
    Do you guys have the youtube app? If so, make sure you close it properly otherwise it causes your screen to turn 'on' every min or so.
    yea i close it, i make sure my apps are closed cept for the ones i know i want on
    02-14-09 12:45 AM
    mine did that until i went into options-screen/keyboard and disabled the "automatically dim backlight" for some reason that was causing mine to do exactly what you are describing. hasnt done it since i changed that. good luck
    02-14-09 12:52 AM
    Interesting, I'll ahve to try that and see. But then again, if I'm not using the thing, it's rare that it's anywhere but my pocket/holder
    02-14-09 01:20 AM
    Thnx proper exit of the YouTube app worked for me...I have only had the storm for a few days now and getting it to work on AT&T was the biggest challange
    04-20-10 07:47 AM
    if you have any trapster,waze or any online application which shows your location(GPS),just close the application.It worked for me.Remember to try..
    02-13-14 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD