Yeah cookies, definitely cookies,yeah
    12-26-08 08:35 AM
    got a replacement at the VZW store today...infinitely better
    12-26-08 02:35 PM
    mine just started making this noise today. completely ruins the click action of the screen that was perfect before. what is the direct # for technical support?
    12-26-08 02:37 PM
    dial *611 from your cell phone, that should work....definitely get a replacement if you are unsatisfied with your current phone. And i agree, the crunching noise really started to get to me after a few days.
    12-26-08 02:55 PM
    My phone started doing this on the center left side. Not only does it do that, but the back/blackberry button seems to wobble and make a sound as if some sticky plastic layer on it isn't sticking and sounds loose but there is no visual evidence. Also my battery doesent last longer than 12 hours.

Do you think this will get me a replacement?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 03:07 PM
    Yes it will. I had got a replacement battery already, but by the time it came in the mail my Storm had started to has a less responsive click around the corners, as well as the "crunch."

I called VZN last night and now I have a replacement coming.
    From what I read above I hope I don't get a refurb... I didn't ask specifically; I kind of just let them do all the talking.
    12-26-08 03:15 PM
    you wont get a refurb, as long as your within your 30 day period of buying the storm, they are obligated to replace yours with a brand new one
    12-26-08 03:52 PM
    also if you are experiencing any problems whatsoever, big or small, get a replacement. For the cost of this phone and the technology behind it, it should be FLAWLESS...we don't pay the money we do to have problems with our phones
    12-26-08 03:58 PM
    I asked as well. If they temporarily bill you $200 u will be getting a brand new unit

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 04:02 PM
    i went into the store today and exchanged my defective unit for a brand new one, no new charges to my account
    12-26-08 04:48 PM
    well the crunching problem seems to be progressive. its been rather subtle before only when clicked on the middle of the screen, and now it has spread all over the place. Also the "crunchier" the screen got, the worse the clicking action of the screen became. Now it barely clicks towards the bottom of the screen, where "P" is on the landscape keyboard. I will definately try to exchange it sometime this week at a verizon store.

It's a shame, became otherwise the phone is perfect. No lag and gaps around the screen are almost non-existant.
    12-27-08 03:34 PM
    well i tried to call for a replacement, but the verizon person started claiming that this issue is not a known one, therefore it is caused by me (wtf?). And they refused to replace it for me.

Anybody else having trouble with replacements?
    12-28-08 08:35 PM
    Call again. I had similar issues and tech support acted like he didn't understand how it could be a problem. I kept saying over and over that the clicking wasn't even all over as it should be. The middle was very crunchy. I told them I ran into Circuit City and tried out the demo and that it the screen was much more even than mine. He tried to get me to bring it to a VZW store to have a tech look at it and I said no because I have 3yo twins and did not want to bring them. Finally he said he would send me a replacement. First replacement was a refurb (yes they do send them) and the clicking was worse than the first. Called back and they sent a new one in 2 days. I'm very happy with it and so glad I pursued getting a new one. I had my doubts that my first one had something really wrong with it, but after receiving my 3rd phone I know now it was a lemon.

Be persistent and get a little huffy with them if you have to. The customer is always right.
    12-28-08 09:14 PM
    sometimes calling wont do it. Go into a store, stand tall and dont give in to whatever they say. You know how this phone should perform better than they do. If it's not up to your standards (the crunching shouldnt be tolerated) then you need to go in and exchange it for a new one.

When i went in to exchange mine, they tried clicking it and didn't notice anything wrong with it. So i told them listen, there are hardware issues with this unit, the screen does not click the way it should, and ive used other storms that do not have this problem.

You can do it!
    12-28-08 09:15 PM
    I called and they offered a replacement before I even finished my complaint. I'd keep calling until I found a more willing support staff.
    12-28-08 09:35 PM
    the worst thing is that i did go to the store and they agreed the phone was defective, but did not have any in stock, so they told me to call.

damn verizon
    12-28-08 09:42 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD