I hear people talk about the click, m screen has always beeped! I hate it! I called VZ today. dd a hard reset ... still beep! The CSR tried some of the phones there and he said they beeped as well. He then aid many of the features seen on the TV ads aren't real.

He was a super guy. I ordered a Curve replacement. I have loved the Storm but just too many quirks! I don't think it is ready for prime time yet.

Does your phone click or beep????
    12-30-08 02:37 PM
    click. never heard of it beeping
    12-30-08 02:38 PM
    click. never heard of it beeping

yea, it is weird and irritating!
    12-30-08 02:40 PM
    Poletergeist
    12-30-08 02:41 PM
    Go to options, then screen/keyboard. turn key tone from ON to OFF then save. problem solved.
    12-30-08 02:42 PM
    There's a mechanical click sound that the Sure-Press screen makes...and there's a software option to enable a "Key Tone" (Options -> Screen/Keyboard -> Key Tone [On or Off])

And yes, the Key Tone is extremely annoying!
    12-30-08 02:42 PM
    LOL I really hope you didn't send your Storm back because Key Tone was turned on.
    12-30-08 02:46 PM
    WOW that is annoying , I had to go turn mine on just to see... lol
    12-30-08 02:54 PM
    LOL I really hope you didn't send your Storm back because Key Tone was turned on.

I haven't sent it back yet. Boy do I feel dumb!! I thought there was a "speaker" click not just the one from the screen!! Wow! I was disabling the beep and thought I would hear something from the speaker. Too soon old ... to late smart!
    12-30-08 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD