I couldn't understand why I wasn't getting any e-mails to my storm after sending a few tests... but just looking at it, it says in the top right hand corner that it's off. How do I turn it back on ?? Don't know why it turned off in the first place ???
    12-27-08 11:58 AM
    options > mobile network
    12-27-08 11:59 AM
    Home menu > Manage Connections > Check Mobile Network
    12-27-08 12:00 PM
    I couldn't understand why I wasn't getting any e-mails to my storm after sending a few tests... but just looking at it, it says in the top right hand corner that it's off. How do I turn it back on ?? Don't know why it turned off in the first place ???
    Just go to the main screen (with all the icons) and scroll to the bottom to the icon that looks like an antenna. click it and click "turn on all connections"
    12-27-08 12:01 PM
    Options, manage connections(little antenna icon) and make sure your connection is on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 12:02 PM
    After turning it on if you still can't recieve Emails you may have to resend service books.
    12-27-08 12:03 PM
    OK it's back on. I guess with the family playing with it during the xmas holiday maybe someone went into that option.. Under the Network Technology which one should it be on? Global, 1XEV or GSM/UMTS ??

Do you think that the magnet on the case turned it off ?? I don't mind it going into a sleep mode but would still like to receive my e-mails while in the case.
    12-27-08 12:07 PM
    Putting the Storm in the case doesn't turn the Radio off. Either your battery got low enough that there wasn't enough power to run the radio, in which case it turns off to preserve power for other device functions, or someone inadvertently turned it off.
    12-27-08 12:10 PM
    Thank you all and Thanks JeffH. I think that is exactly what had happened. My battery died last night and didn't realize it had turned off the radio. I guess we learn something new everyday. The device is in it's holster and is working just fine.

Thanks again everyone !!
    12-27-08 12:13 PM
    We've also found that if you use the Auto On/Off feature that it will turn back on as programmed each day, but the cell radio will be off!

Definitely something that needs to be fixed in the next software update from RIM.
    12-27-08 12:42 PM
    We've also found that if you use the Auto On/Off feature that it will turn back on as programmed each day, but the cell radio will be off!

Definitely something that needs to be fixed in the next software update from RIM.
    Good call. I picked up my phone a few minutes ago and saw my radio was off, did a battery pull, still off..So I turned it back on but now I realize after reading this post that it was because I set the on/off feature for the weekdays/nights..whew, thought I had a potential problem.
    12-30-08 02:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD