pretty much i was running .141 with the .90 radio and it was working fine until two days ago.....now my radio wont stay on more than 5 minutes and i cant turn it back on unless i do a battery pull......ive wiped it and downgraded to .122......ive deleted apps.......ive turned my data off......ive gotten a new sim card......and nothing works

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR FIXES???
    05-03-09 10:33 AM
    water damage?
    05-03-09 11:16 AM
    I agree with Unibomber. This is usually cause by liquid damage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 01:05 PM
    is there anyway to fix this??
    05-03-09 01:10 PM
    i wonder if it's a battery issue.
    My first Storm would turn its radio off right before turning itself off due to a completely discharging battery. Are you also having battery-life problems? You might need to replace the phone.
    05-03-09 01:14 PM
    oh and how can i tell if it is water damage?????
    05-03-09 01:16 PM
    i wonder if it's a battery issue.
    My first Storm would turn its radio off right before turning itself off due to a completely discharging battery. Are you also having battery-life problems? You might need to replace the phone.
    no im having no battery life problems.....yeah no matter what os load up it has the same problem....i'll probably have to get a new one ugh
    05-03-09 01:18 PM
    I would suggest you wipe the phone, install a new stable OS like .75 and see if that fixes it. .141 has some issues with radio connection disable on some devices and although you downgraded there maybe some code damage. So use JL and wipe and fresh install, otherwise replace the unit.
    05-03-09 01:20 PM
    alright blackmannx i'll see if that works
    05-03-09 01:41 PM
    alright blackmannx i'll see if that works
    I vote the same... JL wipe, reinstall a fresh version of .75 from Verizon and see how that fares (don't install any extra programs either, just factory).... still problems call Verizon ASAP for a replacement because its a hardware issue.

Let us know ow it goes!
    05-03-09 03:29 PM
    ok so i have tmobile....and no verizon number....i downloaded .75 from a thread on here but my phone still says .122....is there a way to get the official file without going to the verizon website because i dont have one to download it from there
    05-03-09 04:24 PM
    Hi All,

Mine has lost connection 3 times since i installed the .141 update 2 days ago. (say's 'OFF' under the signal bar)

I have to go into connections and turn the radio back on.

It's no big deal but is a pain if i don't notice it's gone off.
    05-03-09 04:28 PM
    As I stated before... .141 has issues with Data connection.. I would recommend anyone that doesn't want to go to the .75 to use .132 as those issues were not noted in that beta. The data issue isnt across the board but only on some devices. As for getting .75 there should be a download posted somewhere on the os beta storm sub-forum.
    05-03-09 04:31 PM
    oh and how can i tell if it is water damage?????
    ignore the people that have no clue what they are talking about
    believe me you would know if your phone had water damage...i'm willing to bet you would recall if you got your phone wet
    05-03-09 04:32 PM
    As I stated before... .141 has issues with Data connection.. I would recommend anyone that doesn't want to go to the .75 to use .132 as those issues were not noted in that beta. The data issue isnt across the board but only on some devices. As for getting .75 there should be a download posted somewhere on the os beta storm sub-forum.
    Actually, the data issue started in .132. Civic was the first one to report it here--the actual issue happens only after dialing *228. Once a person dials *228 (using either .132 or .141, it seems), you will lose your data connection. The only way to get it back is to do a battery pull. People just need to be aware of this when dialing *228 while running either of those OS versions.
    Last edited by Morf32; 05-03-09 at 04:38 PM.
    05-03-09 04:35 PM
    ok wiping and going back to .75 didnt work....anymore suggestions? the problem isnt my connection when my radio is on....my problem is that the radio refuses to stay on and i have to battery pull just to get it back on for another 5 minutes and it turns off again. let me kno what u guys think
    05-03-09 07:05 PM
    This has happened to me 3 times in the last 2 days and I am running .75! I look at my Storm and the radio is off. I have to go to connections to turn it back on manually.

What is going on???
    05-03-09 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD