Simple question.

I am currently in a family plan with verizon, but my contract is not over for at least another year, but my mom's plan is eligible for the every 2 upgrade with verizon. So, my questions is is there anyway I can go to the verizon or best buy store and purchase the storm under my mom but directly active my phone to the new storm?

thanks
    12-07-08 02:37 PM
    1. You will have to go to verizon since you are upgrading.
    2. You will have to activate it on your mom number then you can call in change to your number immeditally after.
    3. make sure they move the BB plan to your line and the insurance.
    12-07-08 02:39 PM
    Go to a VZW corporate store. They can activate it on your account without touching your moms at all. All that will happen to your moms line is that she will be locked up for another two years. Of course she loses her ability to buy another phone at a discounted price.
    12-07-08 02:44 PM
    Not true. Best buy can honour an upgrade through vzw. The only difference is through vzw, you can charge the price of the phone to your account. At best buy, you will have to pay for it on the spot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 02:44 PM
    Not true. Best buy can honour an upgrade through vzw. The only difference is through vzw, you can charge the price of the phone to your account. At best buy, you will have to pay for it on the spot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Bestbuy can't do an alternative upgrade which the OP has to do.
    12-07-08 02:46 PM
    Go to a VZW corporate store. They can activate it on your account without touching your moms at all. All that will happen to your moms line is that she will be locked up for another two years. Of course she loses her ability to buy another phone at a discounted price.

Ok so basically it just recycles her every two year plan? but she can purchase a new discounted phone in another two years right?
    12-07-08 02:46 PM
    Hey, i did the exact same thing. You can take your moms upgrade. Its easy, they dont care who gets it. The money all goes to verizon in the end anyway which is all they care about.

Also you can activate it under your number not your moms, so no need to have her buy it then switch phones and numbers. It is as easy to do as if you had the upgrade yourself.
    12-07-08 02:47 PM
    Ok so basically it just recycles her every two year plan? but she can purchase a new discounted phone in another two years right?
    Yes that is correct. Just go in and ask for an Alternative upgrade and they can do it for you.
    12-07-08 02:49 PM
    Simple question.

I am currently in a family plan with verizon, but my contract is not over for at least another year, but my mom's plan is eligible for the every 2 upgrade with verizon. So, my questions is is there anyway I can go to the verizon or best buy store and purchase the storm under my mom but directly active my phone to the new storm?

thanks
    you can do an alternate upgrade and they can change the ESN # to your's....
    12-07-08 02:49 PM
    Make sure you are authorized on the account, because since she is the primary you can only do it if you are authorized.
    12-07-08 03:31 PM
    My line was up for an upgrade but I plan on doing the same thing as you if a newer model comes in before my two years is up.
    12-07-08 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD