Is that the buttons at the bottom don't feel as secure as my original. They feel a bit "loose" and that could cause a problem down the road. Oh well, everything else is working great on it so we'll play it by ear.

Wiped the phone upon receiving this morning and loaded the .83 OS onto it.

Quick question about mailing back my original storm. Do I just send it back in the same box they sent to me with everything it originally came with? Just bring it to Fed Ex with their billable stamp and let them ship it right back off?
    12-19-08 12:54 PM
    New Phone. From what i hear they are likely to fall off. I did hear of someone supergluing their buttons back on. Your choice.
    12-19-08 12:55 PM
    That is ridiculous to say to get a new phone over the fact that the buttons don't feel as "secure" to me. If they fall off, then I get a new phone from Verizon.

You sound like one of those that just look for any little thing to complain about.
    12-19-08 01:01 PM
    I noticed that too on the new one. The old one seems more solid but the clicking is killing me. The replacement seems like its going to fall apart on me but the clicking is 10X better out of the box!!!
    12-19-08 01:01 PM
    Exactly. I don't know if the buttons will fall off. They just feel a bit "looser" than my previous phone.

This one overall is much much better though so I'm going to keep this one and see what happens.
    12-19-08 01:03 PM
    Is that the buttons at the bottom don't feel as secure as my original. They feel a bit "loose" and that could cause a problem down the road. Oh well, everything else is working great on it so we'll play it by ear.

Wiped the phone upon receiving this morning and loaded the .83 OS onto it.

Quick question about mailing back my original storm. Do I just send it back in the same box they sent to me with everything it originally came with? Just bring it to Fed Ex with their billable stamp and let them ship it right back off?
    You have until 1/15 to exchange it, so definitely play it by ear.

Regarding mailing back your original Storm: yes, peel off the old FedEx label, affix the FedEx return label, detach your receipt and use the box your original Storm came in. Simply drop it off at any FedEx location, the return process could not be easier.
    12-19-08 10:59 PM
    Got my replacement last night. Same here as far as the loose buttons. It's a bummer because my original phone's buttons were perfect. I did notice that the "click" is much better however and it does seem a little faster even though my old phone was on .75 The reason I traded my phone in was due to MANY dropped calls, so hopefully this will do the trick.
    12-20-08 10:28 AM
    I'm on my third phone. First one was fine but they sent me a second one because of all the random reboots I was getting. Screen click also wasn't good.

Second one was brand new and the hard buttons felt awful. About like what you are describing. Then my screen stopped clicking.

when I called for a replacement they gave me an option of new or refurb. New would take longer. Since the last new one didn't do so well I thought maybe the refurb would be better. Let them fix all the issues, test it and then try it out.

So far this new phone is just about 100% on all fronts. I'm very happy. Hard buttons and screen feel perfect.

Ken
    12-20-08 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD