First let me introduce myself..My name is Doug and im from NJ and I have been lurking around these forums for quite some time now. I was able to get a Storm on launch day (first in line at 4am) and even before i got my hands on it...I started researching full body phone protectors. I had pretty quickly decided on Zagg's IS then as I read more user experiences..the potential "orange peel" turned me off...so as soon as i received it in the mail, I sent it back to them and went ahead and ordered Ghost Armor, which IMO is the superior product. Unfortunately, my install did not go as well as others on here, even being someone with a minor case of OCD and taking an extreme amount of time and care into the process, and being in NJ, obviously there was no place I could go for a professional install..So below I will tell you all more about my install experience..

Also, I work at a job where I have access to lab supplies..soo i prepared in advance by getting my hands on some powder free nitrile exam gloves for my hands and lint free lab tissues to absorb the water if it were to get into the gaps around the screen so I could prevent as many bad situations as possible.

I started by removing the battery, and did the brushed aluminum battery cover first.. I wet the sticky side of the film with 2-3 sprays and the front side with 1, and each side of the squeegee with 1 spray. The back honestly went on flawlessly...the fitment was perfect and the only part that needed some extra pressure was the side edges that curved down a little. I put it to the side, and flipped the phone over and began preparing for the screen..

I stuck my lint free lab tissues in the gaps around the screen, un peeled the protector, and sprayed it the same amount as the back piece..i carefully set it on the screen and began to adjust it so the fitment was perfect...i got it in place, held it down with my left hand and used the squeegee with my right...during this process the armor moves around a good amount due to the wetness. Now i didnt see it say in the directions how long before it starts to stick real good so within my first 15 seconds of moving it, towards the end of the 15 seconds, the film slid down enough to where it hangs off the bottom of the screen over the gap and rubs against the call button. At this point, its extremely hard to adjust, so i attempt to peel the corner up and re wet it and re apply the bottom edge..This was a horrible idea, as now there is a fingerprint under it, it hangs off the edge, and a piece of lint got under it. To me...the screen looks like a nightmare, and i am very upset and dissapointed. I really want to take it off, throw it out, and use my 10% coupon that came with it to re order and try again, But im afraid that when i try to take it off...it will only end up looking worse..

I proceded to do the top and bottom front pieces which i also used the same amount of spray. These went on nicely. Fitment was great and they slid on there really nice. No problems here whatsoever.

I then went to the buttons...which i used 1 spray each from about 10" away to get a really light mist on there. The first two on the right, the back and end key went very nicely, the other two, seemed like they slid around alot more, one got stuck to the other, i peeled it off and tried to stick it on again, and now they look pretty bad.

The last piece I did was the camera, which kept sliding off and moving around and giving me trouble while trying to squeegee over the small hole for the lens..In the end it came out ok..but definitely not as nice as I would have liked.

So thats where I decided to stop..I didnt want to mess with the little thin pieces to cover the rubber sides, or the chrome edges..I was just too dissapointed with how the screen and buttons came out (its on the front of the phone after all, and the nicest part of the storm that i show off to all my friends) and now it just looks like a mess..

So im not sure what to do...should i remove it and order another to try again? has anyone removed it before? how difficult is it to do and will it leave residue that wont come off? All the little "micro bubbles" are clearing up nicely, but not enough to make me forget about the major screen imperfection. Overall I want to love this product.. Its a great concept, and definitely protects the phone wonderfully, But in reality its really not as easy to put on as I thought.

So sorry for the long post.. I just wanted to share my experience with everyone here since all of the posts about everything else i read are a huge help to me. I still am a new crackberry addict and I love this thing to death, im just now a little dissapointed with how it looks.

Questions, Comments, Opinions, Feedback or anything is welcome and appreciated. I want to post pics but my canon digital camera just recently took a **** on me..so im sorry I cant accomodate that request right now.

Also, answers to two big questions...Even without my special lint free tissues, i dont believe there would be any problem with getting water in the gaps at all..the amount you use should be so minimal that none should really even get in there, and also..i noticed no decreased sensitivity at all in the screen so far.
    12-12-08 08:25 AM
    Had GA on my Storm and it made it so tight in the Cradle that it activated the LOCK button every time I put it in the cradle. So I removed the pieces on the Top Front and Bottom Front and it works fine. Only use the Screen for protection, and side pieces for grip. Nothing on the Chrome or Back Cover.
    12-12-08 08:30 AM
    some fast moving threads in here! just wanted to share my experience with everyone else...
    12-12-08 02:11 PM
    wow, I'm about to put mine on right now, kinda making me scareeed!
    12-14-08 02:02 AM
    Ghost armor has a lifetime warranty for any reason you have to take off the armor you can reqest for a new one be sent two you, but u have to mail your old one back to them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 02:09 AM
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't leave any residue whatsoever if you decide to peel it off. Not to mention the lifetime warranty as previously stated.
    12-14-08 03:18 AM
    when you had peeled off the corner and had the finger print on it, you should have ripped it off and resoaked it and reapplied. this can be done within a couple minutes.

also i find a bowl with water and baby shampoo works way better than the spray.

and as mentioned if you rip it all off, they will give you a free replacement.
    12-14-08 05:05 AM
    yeah, I agree with cray, I learned the hard way, and found out that it worked much better to keep being aggressive with the armor until you are happy with the placement. I felt that when it started sticking it was over and I just had to deal with it's imperfect placement. I learned halfway through and at least my screen has 0 air bubbles. Love the grippy feel though!
    12-14-08 02:32 PM
    I too messed up the screen when I did it. Even the next day it was too irregular with miniwaves and a good sized bubble that I knew wouldn't go away. I decided I had nothing to loose so I gently pulled it off, wetting it s I went while holding countertraction on the screen. I got the entire screen protector off, moved it away from the phone, and drenched it with fluid to try to clean off any debris and I smoothed it out between my fingers. I got most of the fluid off and reapplied - it went on perfectly! Once everything dried and cleared up over the next 24 hours you can't even tell it's there. Again, this was about 12 hours after I had first applied it that I removed it and reapplied without problems. No guarantees - you may not be as lucky. But if you are that unhappy with your instal it is worth a try (probably sooner rather than later) before you go out and buy another. A big key is to have your fingers good and wet also with the solution when you handle the stuff to avoid fingerprints.
    12-14-08 03:00 PM
    Ok...so I have a GA on the way. I have some major OCD tendencies and need some advice. What approach should I take with this thing? It seams like it is a very tedious process.
    12-14-08 03:11 PM
    my advice, if it starts sticking and is not on right, rip that **** completely off, and just respray. It's not as hard as you might think, also with button pieces and chrome pieces I used very little amount of my saliva to put these pieces on (or spray your finger with the solution and lightly dab it on the sticky side), the buttons worked out perfectly for me, just hold them in place until they start to stick and they will work great. You'll be happy you got it in the end.
    12-14-08 03:14 PM
    Nice...I will do that Juke. Apprciate the info. Can't wait to perform surgery!!!
    12-14-08 03:17 PM
    how does the armor affect the sensibility of the touch screen?

when you squeegee doesnt the liquid drop in under the screen?

Once its on right can dust and debris still get into that crack all around the screen?
    12-14-08 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD