Ok, My friend came over liked my storm and wanted one I told him I got my bnib off of craigslist... So he went home and found 1 and lord and behold his is on the verizon stolen and lost list.

Question: If he unlocks his will he be able to activate it with t-mobile or is he screwed all the way around..... Cause he is willing to replace is sk and use the BB.
    12-27-08 03:54 PM
    Damn man that sux for him and I doubt he will be able to activate it with any provider.
    12-27-08 03:59 PM
    Find the person who sold it to you and bring the phone and that person's number/information to the police. The end.
    12-27-08 03:59 PM
    Find the person who sold it to you and bring the phone and that person's number/information to the police. The end.
    All we have is the person's email addy which he doesn't think is real and the CL add. We do have the person number and but there not answering....
    12-27-08 04:02 PM
    finding a shady seller from craig's list?!? hahaha good luck with that. that's why you stick to reputable sources to buy important isht like a blackberry. use craig's list to find lawn chairs, not smartphones.
    12-27-08 04:04 PM
    Ouch, that is not cool. Report that right away and do not try to unlock and activate. This will only lead to your friend getting into trouble.
    12-27-08 04:04 PM
    How did they get the phone? Was it mailed to them or did they pick it up from the person face-to-face?
    12-27-08 04:05 PM
    All we have is the person's email addy which he doesn't think is real and the CL add. We do have the person number and but there not answering....
    I think that's good enough info. The police can find out who owns the line to that number. Sucks you got a stolen phone. Good luck w/whatever you do.
    no offense but that is your friends fault...when buying a phone off CL or Ebay i always got the numbers and called Verizon to confirm it was legit...
    no offense but that is your friends fault...when buying a phone off CL or Ebay i always got the numbers and called Verizon to confirm it was legit...
    Yep this is the safest way to go. It just takes a few minutes to call Verizon and confirm the ESN/MEID number to make sure it's legit and transferable.
    12-27-08 04:07 PM
    Hmm, that is probably a bogus number then. I am not all that familiar with Craigslist, but do they have any spots on there where you can report such a thing or at least some suggestions on the best course of action.

thats the thing verizon had him on hold for 45 min b4 they answered and someone kept calling the dude so the dude started rushing him.... But I do agree I seen the phone and I was like i would not of brought it....
    Hmm, that is probably a bogus number then. I am not all that familiar with Craigslist, but do they have any spots on there where you can report such a thing or at least some suggestions on the best course of action.
    not sure will check
    12-27-08 04:09 PM
    How did they get the phone? Was it mailed to them or did they pick it up from the person face-to-face?
    face to face.
    12-27-08 04:09 PM
    whatever you do, please make sure your friend doesn't try to sell the phone off to someone else. he then risks getting tagged with possession of stolen property. plus, it's just wrong.

craig's list transactions are usually face to face, cash only. which essentially means no exchanges, no returns, no matter what. so, buyer beware.
    12-27-08 04:10 PM
    whatever you do, please make sure your friend doesn't try to sell the phone off to someone else. he then risks getting tagged with possession of stolen property. plus, it's just wrong.
    right.....
    12-27-08 04:11 PM
    Have him return it to a Verizon store. Who knows maybe the original owner will give a reward. Either way, I would still pursue the issue with the police. It's wrong to take someones money for something you know is a dud. In the future, tell your friend if someone is pressuring him to make a purchase to move on and let it go.
    12-27-08 04:24 PM
    Have him return it to a Verizon store. Who knows maybe the original owner will give a reward. Either way, I would still pursue the issue with the police. It's wrong to take someones money for something you know is a dud. In the future, tell your friend if someone is pressuring him to make a purchase to move on and let it go.

I agree he put out 375 for this darn thing...... when he called me and told me this I was like DAMN and i feel bad cause the only reason he looked on CL was because that is where I got mine but the dude had min activated and I told him to not de-activate it until we meet up and thats what he did I tested it then he called verizon and deactivated it....
    12-27-08 04:27 PM
    Sell it on CL.
    12-27-08 04:35 PM
    Sell it on CL.

Then he gonna go to jail...
    12-27-08 04:37 PM
    LAWD he should of know better this is the ad.

Cheap blackberry stor
    12-27-08 04:37 PM
    finding a shady seller from craig's list?!? hahaha good luck with that. that's why you stick to reputable sources to buy important isht like a blackberry. use craig's list to find lawn chairs, not smartphones.
    IRL... you have no idea the internet tracking resources available to police, FBI and the like. Depending on how you voted recently, I'm sure your reaction to what they CAN do would either soil your undies or make you extremely proud. Unfortunately, the full weight of the law is unlikely to be brought to bear in a simple property theft case.

Good luck!
    12-27-08 04:38 PM
    I agree he put out 375 for this darn thing...... when he called me and told me this I was like DAMN and i feel bad cause the only reason he looked on CL was because that is where I got mine but the dude had min activated and I told him to not de-activate it until we meet up and thats what he did I tested it then he called verizon and deactivated it....
    IMHO, I would not have done that. Too much money for any phone especially in these dire economic times.
    12-27-08 04:38 PM
    IRL... you have no idea the internet tracking resources available to police, FBI and the like. Depending on how you voted recently, I'm sure your reaction to what they CAN do would either soil your undies or make you extremely proud. Unfortunately, the full weight of the law is unlikely to be brought to bear in a simple property theft case.

Good luck!

Yeah I know the tools but I doubt they would really persue it to the full extent....
    12-27-08 04:42 PM
    if your friend is a "standup' kinda person they would get the info of the person it was lost/stolen from, and give it back.
    12-27-08 04:47 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD