I had some of the best convos with tech support both on the phone and in store

Some of the highlights

1-Phone tech asks for the MEID and i ask if she wants dec or hex. she says dec and i ask if shes sure...then i tell her and she says "sir, this phone appears to be stolen. I cannot support it"

I tell her if its stolen then why did i just pay $200+tax and a $100 a month cell bill...she says "sir, im afraid you got a stolen phone" and i say "did you mean dec?" and she goes "we can try that" and sure enough it was that.

I told her "these arent even the same length...why accuse me of stealing??"

2-I tell this same tech that my phone "reboots and lags"..she tells me that she has "NEVER" heard of these complaints and RARELY gets calls about the storm. Her son has one and reported NO complaints whatsoever hahahaha

3-Went to get my "replacement" phone (which i highly suggest and was preloaded with .75) and asked "now that i have a new pin, will i need to change my BIS setup so that i can resend my service books?"

and the tech there goes "whats a BIS? whats a service book? we can use the wizard...heres paper and a pen...lets do it this way"

lol

VZ, please train your employees and not have them embarass themselves...
    12-28-08 10:07 AM
    must have been a noob... the techs in the stores arn't vzw employees though, VZW outsources this to another company. Atleast in my area (AZ) that is the case. Still that is no excuse for not being trained and is very embarrassing.
    12-28-08 10:21 AM
    Hah. I agree they can be a little out of the loop. But if you think about it, there's so many phones coming and going that I think it's a little hard for them to all be experts on everything. I know they have separate sections for certain things, but for the most part it seems like they're just all together. I usually just cross my fingers and hope that maybe I'll get the person who happens to be an expert on my device lol

I had fun calling them yesterday to terminate my BroadBand Access contract. I told the girl the signal sucked, and there's nothing they can do to test it or fix it because I live on an Air Force base. She puts me on hold for 20 minutes and comes back on telling me there's nothing they can do to test the signal because I live on an Air Force base. lol No ****.
    12-28-08 10:22 AM
    I called up to complain about my screen not clicking and the service rep was like did you do a battery pull. I laughed a little on the inside and politely said no sir this is a hardware issue not a software related issue a battery pull will not fix it.
    12-28-08 10:23 AM
    Called tech and told them that the screen will not click on the lower section, rep said "BlackBerry is aware of this and has released a patch for it here's the web address", I said "this is an actual physical problem not software", she said "OH, then there's nothing I can do then"

Called tech back, they said "OK, we'll get you a replacement from your local store" I told tech that I was all ready there and was told they had none in stock, tech called the same store and found out they had 30 in stock,,,went and got my replacement.

Talk about VZW screwyness,,,,"released a patch", LMAO
    12-28-08 10:44 AM
    Ha.. my favorites..

Launch Day --- Hi your website is down I'd like to order the storm. --Rep Sir our site is down.. and our computers are down.. I suggest you go to a store.
    me-- The stores are out.
    Her -- Oh try the website?

Storm problems
    -- Tech -- Well there will be growing pains, the Storm is verizon's first blackberry with windows mobile

-- CSR -- (When I'm calling about my second storm with a loose screen) Sir there's a software update from our site.

Me-- Its a hardware problem not software.

-- CSR -- Oh, we can't be sure about that until a tech trouble shoots this.

Me calling about the replacement storm being on a bill that was produced 2 weeks after verizon received my original storm

--CSR-- Oh thats normal. It will come off your credit card in 2 or 3 months

-- Me -- And what if I don't happen to have room on my credit card?

-- CSR -- There's nothing I can do about it.

If it wasn't for the fact their coverage was the best I'd leave in a heartbeat.
    12-28-08 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD